Assessing the damage

BusaWhipped

Donating Member
Registered
I pulled Luci's fairing off today to get a look at the damage.

Looks like:
Starter clutch cover
Starter Idler cover
Clutch Cover
Clutch Cover outer
Clutch Cover cusion

I think I shoud replace the starter idler assembly as well since one of the shafts was ground down a bit.

IMG_0936.jpg

IMG_0938.jpg

IMG_0939.jpg

IMG_0940.jpg

IMG_0942.jpg

Last edited:
Hope it is an easy repair.... just plastics! Fingers Crossed Dennis!

it doesn't look too bad. All the covers on the right side of the engine. Hopefully someone will have the full assemblies used. Omar has the bar end I need and Lurch the rear pillion peg and mount. Fortunately she didn't roll.

its amazing how much aluminum can be ground off when you start at 95 mph....

either 1) let me know when you head over to pick them up and we can hit Fast Eddies or 2) i can pick the parts up from Travis and run them over to you if you need them before you can get over here :beerchug:

Cool. I'll probably run over after work since I'm 1/2 way there already. Let me know when you are off and I'll do it when you and Travis are both available. I'm not on a time table to get her fixed. It will be a few weeks until my foot is fit for riding.

Cool. I'll probably run over after work since I'm 1/2 way there already. Let me know when you are off and I'll do it when you and Travis are both available. I'm not on a time table to get her fixed. It will be a few weeks until my foot is fit for riding.

anytime from Wed. (3rd) until the next Tues. (9th) except for Sat. (6th) :beerchug:

I pulled Luci's fairing off today to get a look at the damage.

Looks like:
Starter clutch cover
Starter Idler cover
Clutch Cover
Clutch Cover outer
Clutch Cover cusion

Glad you didn't get hurt.:thumbsup:
Looks like you got off cheaper than I did on bike damage. Might get some deals on some of the covers on Ebay. Ain't doodly on there for fairing pieces right now. Buncha junk.
Was a rough summer for several of us.:unhappy:

Back