Recall Info...

bacharles

Korrup~shun!!
Donating Member
Registered
Guys and Gals,

Well, it's me again. And this time with a new and improved rant. Now don't anyone take this as though I'm bashing anyone. I just have to set the record straight about this damn 'RECALL' thing once and for all.
First off, who is it that's actually issuing this RECALL? Most recalls have sort of paperwork attached to it. I'm getting no respones from Suzuki concerning the '02 starter and idler gear. Now that my starter has gone out, I'm getting a little bit perturbed that some people on here are claiming that they are going to their local dealers and having this stuffed replaced at no charge. If anyone has some real validation (i.e. paperwork, memo, etc.), please pass it along.

BTW, does anyone know where I can get a heavy-duty idler gear for a pretty good price? Schnitz racing has them for $244.95 and $269.95. I've already got the starter, and am now looking for an idler gear. Can someone please help me out?
rock.gif
Thanx in advance.

Brian

i posted a link about recalls
and there is none for the starter.
What people say it depends on your dealer.
I am not sure if it makes any sense.

But I see you already posted

good luck

<!--EDIT|1127 TO 1299
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088027383 -->

Brian I told you and everyone that it is not a recall it is a service bulliten. which mean IF you have a problem under warranty these are the parts you update it with. if you have an ext warr. you are covered aswell

Brian I told you and everyone that it is not a recall it is a service bulliten. which mean IF you have a problem under warranty these are the parts you update it with. if you have an ext warr. you are covered aswell
I second that ... I remember a Suzuki service guy telling a customer that exact same thing. It is not a recall, but if you have problems with it, it is replaced with an upgraded part.
I didn't actually see a copy of the bulletin, but that is what he called it ... "service bulletin". He definitely did not say that it was free.

I hate confusion...I'm just keeping my fingers crossed every time I crank her over..

Back