Q2K...(pic of Q2 rear tire @ 2K miles)

JINKSTER

I Love my Wife!
Donating Member
Registered
as opposed to my old Q1 at 1600 miles...(which i only got 3,200 miles out of and had a larger flat spot in the center at 1600 than my Q2 does at 2,000 miles)

QUAL1600.jpg

as a matter of fact?...the flat spot in the profile of my 2K mile old Q2 is right at 1" (25mm's) and can't even be felt as the bike transitions in and out of lean angles and the grip is still nothing short of spectacular...i ride these tires on wet roads as i do on dry...and they "stick" in either...it's almost difficult to spit the back end out on corner exits...(notice i said..."almost")...and definantly not impossible with the mighty busa.

in short?...while both have fantasitic stick and feedback?..(i chuckle at times as these tires remind me of the old "Tiger Paw" commercials)..it's readily apparent that i'll be getting far more milage out of my dual compound Q2's than i did my Q1's..and with no compromises in stick performance...if anything?...they stick better in the heavy leans than did my several old sets of Q1's...the only downside i've witnessed so far with the Q2 rears dual compound is that...when the weather is cold?...like the freakish 30-40degree mornings we experienced here in south florida a few weeks back?...that harder compound in the center (of just the rear tire) took quite awhile to warm up (and i'm not sure it ever did "completely" warm-up) and exhibited some serious "wheelspin" 1st thing in the morning when headed to work.

Outside of that?...I love these Q2's...best tires i've ever ridden on..for real.

L8R, Bill. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
looking forward to trying one.
I am on my 4th Q at 11.5K miles.....due to centers on all of them

Bill, that looks like your running a 200 in the rear?

How much you paying for a set down there in Gator country?

no burn-outs whatsoever?

nope...not a one...even been stay'in on top of the air pressure and chain maintainance...have left a few darkies in some corner exits though..but i'm fairly certain the bulk of those came off the sides! :laugh:

Good to know. Not many twisties here other then interstate ramps. Flat centers are a way of life here in S. FL..

Bill, that looks like your running a 200 in the rear?

nope...it's a 190...i never run a wider tire in the rear (anymore)...ever since i noticed they tend to lag on turn-in.

How much you paying for a set down there in Gator country?

you don't wanna know...i got willingly raped cause i got in a position where i absolutely had ta hav'em...so i don't even know what the "reasonable" go'in rate is for'em...sorry...and?..

Will be interesting to see how many miles you get from your Q2. I agree, these may be the tire to beat this season? (If anyone can, that is) :thumbsup:

Mine are enroute also, just in time for Barber next month!

How much tread depth above the wear bars?

cheers
ken

Last edited:
Back