Q2 Lovers must read - Shinko lovers should read :-)

Tufbusa

Track Coach / TufPoodle Coach
Registered
Linky!

I stumbled into this tire test of the infamous Dunlop Q2 street/track tire while researching shinko tires and found it very confidence inspiring. The author is Steve Atlas, a very capable and inspiring motorcycle jockey.

I think you guys who are familar with the Q2 will find this article as inspirational as I did. For those of you who have yet to engage the asphalt with this tire may find this article arousing your interest enough to give it a shot.

Although there are lots of good tires out there and I have been on many of them, the Q2 is by far my favorite performance street tire. This tire is more than capable of hard track use all the way up to and including the lower half of the race group while giving great performance and decent mileage for those twisty back roads. For a street tire, that's quite a void to fill!

Read, enjoy and post up your thoughts and experiences! :cheerleader:

Last edited:
I have to agree with you Tuff! I really like the Q2's! Had a really good experience with them in October with my 09 1k.... And look forward to putting them on the 08 Busa, use them at the Spring bash. I also got a up close and personal view of them last Spring Bash following him on the dragon! I had also read other very good reviews on this tire! I have 2 sets in waiting..... No more Pilot Power Pures for my Busa!

I love mine on the 1000 and the Busa. I have 5 track days on the one's on the 1000 and can still do a couple more.

Nice read! Though what have you found out about the Shinko's in your internet research?

I'm a big fan

Barber051.jpg

My 1st set are waiting to be mounted. I start riding in march and I'm getting anxious.
Posted via Mobile Device

My bike came with shinkos when i bought it :poke:

I cant wait to slap pirellis on it this coming season... I dont trust a cheap tire

I really like the Q-2's on the track, very confidence inspiring. Its cool for guys you dont ride with to come over to where your parked to see your bike.

I always thought they've done well - inspired confidence - just thought I used them up fairly quickly. They certainly seem track capable and I guess shorter wear goes with the that territory! Also the price point has come down on the tires since introduced making them a good value.

Don't know if this needed to be a shinko bashing thread, but these Q2s certainly seem to be a whole lotta tire and only about $30 a set more than the shinkos I was considering for awhile.

i got 14 miles out of my first Q2 rear. and almost 3k out of my 2nd. front had to be replaced too.

Back