Q: Which Exhaust For Busa ?

Sp33D

Registered
Hello Busa nation ;)

I am new here, i am from Croatia (europe) and after riding KTM supermoto i finnnnalllyyy bought "real" bike.. hayabusa k8 (made in k9).
Its all most brand new 1500km when i bought it from few months ago and now i have 4500km of curvy roads and straight lines :thumbsup:

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7846/llla.jpg

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2323/lll1g.jpg

But now i have question and i look for help from you my brothers on wheels :laugh:

I am looking to buy some sexy loud exhaust..

I have around 1000 euros thats something like 1200 dollars to spend on exhaust..

But i really dont know which one. First i was aiming to get RaceFit growler slipons, but for that money i can get some full system. Than i read here on forum that Tsukigi is awsome too.
I have some special taste, so i dont like brock megaphone-to ugly (sorry guys) or those akrapovic and yoshimura r77- they are just to big.. I like brocks CT Series but they are tooo much money..
Any suggestion i will be glad to hear.

And one more problem is, should i get full system or slip on ? I look for loud exhausts so if i put slip-ons do katalysator reduce noise to much ?

I hope you can help me in this hard decision.. :bowdown:

ps. i know there are maaany topics like this so dont be mad at me :please: and sorry for bad english, i try my best :beerchug:

A full system, best bang for your money, but don't forget to get it tuned after fitting full system. ECU Editor if someone does it there otherwise Power Commander. Listen Johnny :bowdown:, buy what you want in the looks and sound department as you will be living with it while riding.

:welcome: to the org and nice bike.

I have the Tsukigi cannon full exhaust and believe me it is loud. It was loud enough that I bought the noise reduction kit to quiet it some. To me now it sounds just right. The workmanship, fit and finish was great, the instructions not that great, but not too hard to install if you take your time. Everything fit perfectly. I bought mine through Hypercycle in Maryland, but I think they are out of business now. It cost me 880.00 including shipping.

Don't mean to thread-jack but why would slip ons be a waste of money?

I'm asking because I'm looking at getting duel Akrapovic C/F slip ons. From what I've been able to discern I won't have as much of a HP gain nor the weight savings but they're supposed to be not a bad setup.

Get a full system, dont waste your money on slip-ons, The Brock CT dual is great, i have it on my bike but if you can afford it get the Akra full sustem 4-1, thats the best exhaust for your money, Amazon.com: 08-09 Suzuki Hayabusa Akrapovic Single Full Exhaust SS…

:welcome: to the .org

I just got finished installing the ceramic coated alien head system from brocks today. They cost around what you plan on spending and they are worth every cent imo and on top of that, they have top notch service, especially when the man himself is sending you emails trying to help you out. I know you don't like the looks of these but, just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

And something that is a little off topic for anyone who can help me. I plan on driving about 1 hour- 1.5 hours to get my bike tuned. Will it be ok to ride it out there with the FI on and this being a fresh install with no previous tunes? I don't want the bike to blow up on me :whistle:

i have a Muzzy full exhaust 4-1 setup and i love it even at the track with all the cars and bikes everybody still looks my way when i crank it up and give it alittle gas

I just got finished installing the ceramic coated alien head system from brocks today. They cost around what you plan on spending and they are worth every cent imo and on top of that, they have top notch service, especially when the man himself is sending you emails trying to help you out. I know you don't like the looks of these but, just thought I'd throw in my 2 cents.

And something that is a little off topic for anyone who can help me. I plan on driving about 1 hour- 1.5 hours to get my bike tuned. Will it be ok to ride it out there with the FI on and this being a fresh install with no previous tunes? I don't want the bike to blow up on me :whistle:

Is it megaphone full size or Alienhead you don't like ?
79d99a52.jpg

Does your bike not have to abide by strict Euro emission standards ?

Delgado you need to find out what code your bike is giving . If it's o2 sensor than yes most likely you'd be ok to ride but it may also be something more serious .

Hello Busa nation ;)

I am new here, i am from Croatia (europe) and after riding KTM supermoto i finnnnalllyyy bought "real" bike.. hayabusa k8 (made in k9).
Its all most brand new 1500km when i bought it from few months ago and now i have 4500km of curvy roads and straight lines :thumbsup:

http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/7846/llla.jpg

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/2323/lll1g.jpg

But now i have question and i look for help from you my brothers on wheels :laugh:

I am looking to buy some sexy loud exhaust..

I have around 1000 euros thats something like 1200 dollars to spend on exhaust..

But i really dont know which one. First i was aiming to get RaceFit growler slipons, but for that money i can get some full system. Than i read here on forum that Tsukigi is awsome too.
I have some special taste, so i dont like brock megaphone-to ugly (sorry guys) or those akrapovic and yoshimura r77- they are just to big.. I like brocks CT Series but they are tooo much money..
Any suggestion i will be glad to hear.

And one more problem is, should i get full system or slip on ? I look for loud exhausts so if i put slip-ons do katalysator reduce noise to much ?

I hope you can help me in this hard decision.. :bowdown:

ps. i know there are maaany topics like this so dont be mad at me :please: and sorry for bad english, i try my best :beerchug:
Lord Humongous seems to be a popular choice around here....there loud with lots of back pressure according to the ads :laugh: :rofl:

Is it megaphone full size or Alienhead you don't like ?
79d99a52.jpg

Does your bike not have to abide by strict Euro emission standards ?

Delgado you need to find out what code your bike is giving . If it's o2 sensor than yes most likely you'd be ok to ride but it may also be something more serious .

Ok thanks. Yea it is the o2. Instead of buying that bypass plug, I figured I'd let the guys take care of it when they flash the ecu. Or would I still need to get that plug?

Don't mean to thread-jack but why would slip ons be a waste of money?

I'm asking because I'm looking at getting duel Akrapovic C/F slip ons. From what I've been able to discern I won't have as much of a HP gain nor the weight savings but they're supposed to be not a bad setup.

When doing my research for purchasing my 'zaust one of the things I discovered early on was that you will pay a pile for slipons. Considering the weight savings and extra hp, I feel I am money ahead getting a full system.

Hi SP33D ,
I live in The Netherlands and i have this address in Finland , check out this website :
http://www.dragrace.fi
they purchase a lot from the states and you get goods prices.
if you contact them ask for Jouni and tell him Leo gave you this address,maybe he can cut you a nice deal.
Good luck

i bought the hindle alienhead full system(same as Brocks) , easy to install and sounds + performs good.

Full Exhaust Suzuki Hayabusa 2008-2010 Alien Head
http://www.dragrace.fi/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=775_544_545&products_id=11074

bumping up this topic...

what do you guys think about brocks shortmeg ?

I am planning to get that brocks shortmeg. with power comm.

what do you think about that?!

thx :thumbsup:

bumping up this topic...

Can't go wrong with that one .
Contact Ej Markley direct at Brocks .
Tell him I referred you to him and don't forget to mention you are an org member.
Being member here entitles you to 10% off .
They also carry the power commander and can send it to you with a map already installed and ready to go.
Here's his email address .
ej@brocksperformance.com
And phone number if you want to talk direct
+1 (937) 912-0054

bumping up this topic...

Probably an excellent choice, and if you like real loud you can always remove the baffle. :rofl: My brother put the streetmeg 20" on his zx14 (full system) and it sounds real nice. The 20" might not quite be as loud as the alien head but I bet the short meg is... less baffle. My brother pulls the baffle out when we go to the drag strip and is something wicked sounding... definately not a streetable pipe without the baffle. Straight pipe Harley's don't have jack on a no baffle street meg. Brock's makes some real nice systems though... Blanca Busa has some vids posted up of Alien Head sound, which is prob similar to Streetmeg sound. Search around or look up Blanca's old threads. I would look it up for you but my internet is waaay slow at the moment.

Tell him I referred you to him and don't forget to mention you are an org member.
They also carry the power commander and can send it to you with a map already installed and ready to go.
ej@brocksperformance.com
+1 (937) 912-0054

about that i use contact by brocks general email and i talk to Steve so i made deal with him.He is cool , answering all my question. Ill get shortmeg full sys and power comm i got 10% discount on power comm. with map. so good deal i think and shipping is i think ok thats 120$ from Usa to Croatia.

@ r1d3on3 searching .. searching.. :whistle:

@ jefro thas one mean fast machine :bowdown:

ej@brocksperformance.com
+1 (937) 912-0054

.....or you can go with the AH:thumbsup:

053.jpg

Back