Yoshimura R77 dual slip-on exhaust

RX1Jim

Registered
I have come to the conclusion that my stock 2009 GenII Busa has more than enough power for my riding needs (long-distance sport touring) but I would still like to improve the exhaust sound. was going to go with a full exhaust system, flashed ECM and a few other goodies but given the reality of my finances, I could use that money for a few trips this summer. I like the looks of the Yoshimura dual slip-on exhaust with the carbon fiber cans. I see a few members have these slip-ons. Are you happy with the quality of construction and the exhaust tone? I want a healthy growl when into the gas but nothing loud as hell when cruising. Thanks!

Jim

Got them and love them. Sound great and look great. You have to repack them every 10k or you lose the warranty. Yosh will sell you the packing and the rivets for around 60 bucks. I do mine every year because I hate browned out carbon. You need a heavy duty riveter for the rivets because they are stainless. I got one from Harbour Freight for around 20 bucks. I recommend you buy the race cans instead of the EPA Compliant. The EPA cans have the silencers welded in and they are not installed on the non-EPA cans but come with so it's your option. I leave mine out and it sounds perfect. Best looking exhaust for the Gen 2 IMHO.

Happy owner of the Yosh R-77 CF s/o here (with a V&H header) Quality/fit/finish is top-notch, expected from Yoshimura. IMHO, sound at idle is mellow, decent snarl when you blip the throttle but very mild vs. a Brock's AH or the R-55.

Thanks for the fast reply. I have been shopping around and did see two different part numbers: one for the EPA compliant set and the other for the track version. Thanks for the info on repacking them. Do you have a part number for the repacking kit? I'll order one with the pair of slip-ons to have it on-hand. Thanks!!!

Jim

Thanks, I checked the Yosh website. They have a video on repacking the cans, simple enough to do. Best price I found for the R77 slipons is $901 from revzilla.com. Anybody deal with them? I sure would rather deal with a sponsor of this site.

Jim

Proud owner of R77 stainless with CF end cap. I bought them used so didn't phase me for warranty and such.

I haven't repacked them. I changed 1 sleeve a long time ago from rash. The packing was still very good inside and at about 25K kms on them. I'm at 39k on them and still sound pretty great. Coupling them with Vance & Hines soon.

When you get the repack kit it comes with one full batt of insulation and about 1/3 of a batt cut off for each pipe. Wrap the pipe with the full batt with the overlap on the side with the deepst part of the can, install the can and take the loose insulation from the cut piece and stuff it into the open spaces from the end with a long stick. When I repacked mine the first time I tried to wrap the pipe with both pieces of insulation and after much frustration and itchiness, I couldn't get the can to slip over the packing. The video on the Yosh site is generic and doesn't apply to the R77s. The center pipe is covered with a wire mesh and the video tells you to unwrap it which is impossible. You can remove it, but you have to cut it off. In retrospect, you could probably just leave it on without a problem. Use care when drilling out the rivets because there is not much room between the holes and the edge of the carbon fiber. Good luck!

Love mine and they perform exactly like your description.

image.jpg

I love mine, and oh that sweet sound. Enough to get the blood flowing but not enough to be annoying.

on the road.jpg

2011-06-22_12-42-35_318.jpg

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1412.jpg

I sent an email to Joshua at Honda East on a price for the pair of R77 slip-ons. Waiting to hear back from him.

No response yet from Honda East. I'll give them a call on Monday. Anxious to get this upgrade project going!!!!

Thanks, I just checked out Motomunny's prices, exactly the same as Revzilla. Sure would prefer to do business with a sponsor but I am not going to chase them to give them my business.

Jim

Back