Putting an exhaust pipe on turbo setup...

snowprophet1

Registered
In the spring when I put my stage 1 hahn turbo setup on my 05 busa, I will put the afr and all my gauges on to make sure it is tuned properly...BUT...since it runs the dump pipe, I will leave that part of the fairing off. As soon as I know all is ok, I would like to run an exhaust on it and not cut into my plastics. I heard modifying and using the stock pipes (most stealthy) is too much of a pain and cuts down the performance too much. So...I picked up a used but good shape turbo pipe and silencer from a "mr.turbo" busa turbo bike.
I know I will have to modify it a little to use it on the hahn setup, but my concern is that it starts out at 2.5" like the hahn dump pipe, but as it finally gets to the silencer, it necks down to 2", then the silencer is also 2" inlet and outlet. My guess is that since it came off a turbo busa setup, and starts at 2.5" just like the dump pipe, it will probably work.
If anyone has run a 2" silencer and switched to a full 2.5" all the way through, did you notice a big difference? Just wondering if I should start putting the effort into sanding/buffing/polishing any little blems in my pipe for future mounting, or should I not put a 2" silencer on a turbo busa? ??? (stage one, pump gas, just the basics, not going to upgrade to bigger turbo setup). Thanks again everybody!

Back