Cams for Turbo Setup

I'm using a stage 1 turbo setup on a stock engine with a few upgrades to the engine but I was interested in cams. Anyone out there using different Cams in their Turbo Busa setup? If so which ones and what kind of gains are you getting? Thanks

Thanks

mine doesn't.... YET, I'm getting the motor rebuilt this winter with ported head and the intake cams, probably doesn't need any thing else.

Taking cost vs. performance gained, cams don't do enough to justify the cost on small boost applications. Stockers are the best way to go. And running 2 intake cams has too much valve overlap for turbos, and causes for very little gains as well. Maybe 8hp. Over the years I've seen many guys do the swap, and end up switching back.

switching back to stock int. and exh?, it was just a suggestion from him, maybe I'll keep 'em as is, it's a street bike, I'm not trying to rotate the earth.:lol:

Taking cost vs. performance gained, cams don't do enough to justify the cost on small boost applications. Stockers are the best way to go. And running 2 intake cams has too much valve overlap for turbos, and causes for very little gains as well. Maybe 8hp. Over the years I've seen many guys do the swap, and end up switching back.

Ok thanks for the input!

I personally like the turbo cams for off boost and transition to boost myself.. Dual Stock Intakes, not good for turbo, good for all motor/nitrous.. Stock cams degreed work fine though..

That's funny I just did a Hahn turbo kit for a customer with wiseco pistons 2 intake cams degreed with 450cc injectors and tuned on ecu edit and the bike made 275 hp and 136 ft lbs at the rear wheel. In fact all of our turbo motors have 2 intake cams in them and make stupid power....

Back