Getting Turbo Setup started

magifesq

Registered
My bike is pretty much stock aside from some ####### pipes I made for it.
I have a Garrett T-3 turbo used without excessive play.
I have lined up a plenum and header.
I plan on running 7# of boost.
I'll be using a rev-tech digital fuel optimizer to control the fuel flow. I have an oxygen sensor I'll install on it also.
What else is needed aside from dyno tuning the fuel management?
Any help would be appreciated since this is the first bike I'll be turbo charging. Thanks in advance

.080 spacer to go in as base gasket to lower compression
adjustable cam sprockets
hd springs for clutch basket

The Rev Tech DFO is a device designed by Mark Dobeck, the original founder of Dynojet. It is a very simple device that can slightly alter low, mid-range and high fuel deliver via a screwdriver adjustment. It is not capable of doing anything near what you will need for FI. Under boost, even low boost, the extra fuel requirement is large enough that you will need one of the following.
1) An FMU (raising rate fuel pressure regulator) can increase fuel pressure on the basis of boost pressure. This is the simplest and least expensive approach. This is a Vortec FMU.
http://tinyurl.com/alzol
2) Larger injectors and an after market programable ECU. This is the best and most expensive approach.
3) Extra injectors and a separate programable controller. This falls be between #1 & 2 in accuracy and cost.    

All of these methods require a larger fuel pump.

A lot of basic information on turbocharging can be found here.
http://tinyurl.com/btued

Wow Gary ... great site!! Thanks for the link. I've got a lot of reading to do. Knowledge is power!

.080 spacer to go in as base gasket to lower compression
adjustable cam sprockets
hd springs for clutch basket
you don't need a spacer or adjustable cam sprockets to run 7lbs

you may not even need the hd springs. The stock ones "may" hold up alright but it would be wise to go with hd springs.

as gary said

rising rate regulator (FMU)
larger fuel pump.

I would guess the larger/ additional injectors would be more a pain to tune than to run a rising rate regulator.

<!--EDIT|fstbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1129658466 -->

Back