pulsing LEDs - how to?

dawillsta

Registered
I just installed LED's yesterday under the faring of my baby, and in the dark, she looks MEAN! Now I want more. What would I put in line of the power the the LEDs to make it pulse SLOWLY off and on like every 4 seconds... like breathing? the lights would ideally fade, then grow bright again, and repeat...

Thanks
rock.gif

muscle.gif
I have a led set from Custom Dynamics. They have a control box with a remote that fades and pulses. Look at their website.

That would look sweet! LEDs only have a certain voltage they operate in so it wouldn't fade on and off like an incadecent bulb. They'd get to a certain dim point and just turn completely off. For instance white LEDs operate between 3.2 and 3.6 volts. Any higher and it shortens the life of the LED and any lower and it won't come on. But they will definitely fade similar to waht you want and like BirBusa said, you'll need some sort of control box to get them to that. Or if there was a way to automatically vary the resistance, that would work too. I know you can do it manually with a POT, but I know you want it automatically done.

Check with Custom Dynamics and see if they sell a box or it's possible that you could get a setup like BirBusa and just use the box for yours. When do get it all hooked up, I'd love to see some vid of it!!

On the Custom Dynamics website they have a video of the controller working. It's called the Black Magic II controller and they show it working on a Honda.
coffee.gif

Back