LED and general Wiring question

With all the changes you've made, you should go back over everything and make sure all of the connectons are correct. If everything checks out OK, you need one with a rating of at least 30 W 5 ohms for each side. The higher the wattage, the cooler it will operate. Changing the ohms will slow down/speed up the flash rate.

i have get the bike ready for apirl 25 moving to ohio so i need it ready to ride there dont wont to leave it in ny where could i get this kind of resistor do you sell them and what they run. I had nothing but bad luck with this bike. I just got the bike this winter and it was in mint con. 515miles on it had to replace the whole tail section. cracked from the cold when i try to spike the tail section out. do you think they wired the linces.plate led bolts to the left rear blinker because the linces. plate is mount on that side to

hay4.JPG

If they did, the license plate light would flash with that side turn signal.

I don't sell anything. There is a small electronics store near work where I get stuff, but they are hit and miss with what they have in stock. When I'm in Dallas or Chicago I take a shopping list with me for Fry's electronics. As a temporary fix, you can put a standard turn signal bulb in place of the resistors. Nobody will see them in the trunk.

would there be any buddy else in this group that would be able to get a resistor 30w5ohm what does the j on the resistor stand for. When do you think you would be getting there and what would it cost for them im going to need 2 of them

this is my good resistor bad melted down or overload i want to use a new resistor what should i use
YOU SHOULD USE 10 OHM 25 WATT RESISTORS. YOU CAN USE A HIGHER WATTAGE BUT PLEASE STICK TO 25. THE WAY YOU HAVE THEM WIRED IS WRONG. YOU PROBABLY HAVE 2 UNUSED RED WIRES LEFT BEHIND ON YOUR BIKE. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO WIRE THE POSITIVE THROUGH ONE SIDE OF THE RESISTOR AND THE NEGATIVE TO THE OTHER. I could be wrong but i think im right.

Heres a diagram. You should run the positive in and back out one side of the resistor. Meaning cut the old light socket out, connect the hot wire to one side of the resistor and the hot from the led light to the same side. Then connect the ground to a metal source. You should have enought ground wires to connect the ground from the lights to any factory ground that you cut off the stock lights.

resistor.JPG

Im willing to try any thing the bike is down and the nice weather is coming do you know where i could get the resistors

hay6.JPG

that pick is what i have led and mike what you said thats how it was hooked up on the bike just one resistor over load if any body could tell me where to get resistors online so i could get started working on this problem any suggestion welcome running leds lic.plate bolts just 2 the back brake lights which have blinkers in them and the front blinkes

i could only work on the bike for 2 day. I work the rest of the week so im short of time. I really enjoyed riding the other day now its snowing here. But after this snow it going to get really nice. I have to bond with the bike before i drive 500 miles to ohio. I have to get the bugs out of her. So i can enjoy the ride down there I like this forum you guys are really smart about every thing. Im glad I join this forum
bowdown.gif

this is my good resistor bad melted down or overload i want to use a new resistor what should i use
YOU SHOULD USE 10 OHM 25 WATT RESISTORS. YOU CAN USE A HIGHER WATTAGE BUT PLEASE STICK TO 25. THE WAY YOU HAVE THEM WIRED IS WRONG. YOU PROBABLY HAVE 2 UNUSED RED WIRES LEFT BEHIND ON YOUR BIKE. YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO WIRE THE POSITIVE THROUGH ONE SIDE OF THE RESISTOR AND THE NEGATIVE TO THE OTHER. I could be wrong but i think im right.

Heres a diagram. You should run the positive in and back out one side of the resistor. Meaning cut the old light socket out, connect the hot wire to one side of the resistor and the hot from the led light to the same side. Then connect the ground to a metal source. You should have enought ground wires to connect the ground from the lights to any factory ground that you cut off the stock lights.
You do not need to cut the turn signal wires. 10 ohm 25 watt will carry the load, but changing the resistance (ohm) changes the flash rate. The difference between 5 and 10 ohms may or may not be a noticable change. I haven't used 10 ohm resistors, so I don't know. 10 ohm 25 watt is easier to find.

You do not need to cut the wiring to install the resistors. The resistors just need to be wired in parallel with the LEDs like the diagram below. This can be accomplished by tapping the power and ground wires.

Resistor.jpg

well look at Dennis and that cool software... how fancy does it get?
thumb_up.gif

BTW I have 6ohm/50W units that work great.. (I am going to put in an electronic flasher however)

guy i know get pic but i hooked up the resistors today the one side that i had problems on is still getting hot if i leave the blinker on the left side more then 30seconds

hay5.JPG

Back