HELP! LED integrated taillight Q...

easportz

Registered
I installed a LED smoke integrated taillight. It worked great for a month and then the brake light stopped working... The running light and the turn signals are still functional but its not going bright when the brake is applied...

Anyone have suggestions? (besides sending it back and getting a new one, cause the company that makes/distributes is a pain in the arse to deal with)

+1 on the ground. Does it not come on with both brakes? Check the brake light adjustment on the rear brake pedal.
Posted via Mobile Device

Did you adjust the brake light so that it wasn't permanently on? A lot of people forget to do that and end up burning out their lights.

Pull the lense and check where the wires meet the circuit board, could have possibly shook one loose.

Are there pics on your second post. Can't see on my phone... have you taken it apart and see of anything is loose. Play around with the brake light adjustment and see if you can get to come on. Sounds like loose wire.
Posted via Mobile Device

Have to go to a wedding, so i will have to play with it some more tomorrow. Thanks for the help guys, I'll let you know as soon as i get a better look

all connections are true still, not comin on with either brake. Grounds all appear to be good. ... I'm lost, anyone have any other ideas?

Try breaking out you multi-meter and applying the brake to see if it is getting power when brake is applied... That way you can rule out whether it is a wiring problem or not...

Jonny

Could be a bad board.If the LEDs arent sunk right they can overheat and maybe burn the board.Also I have seen a lot of cold solder joints from places that build boards.I have had to suck out solder and apply new solder on boards before to solve electrical issues.

Back