I need help with led integrated installation

DPGodoy

Registered
Please send me step-by-step instalation tips on how to install my new LED integrated taillight.
I'm struggling with it!

Thanks

I bought the following: Smoked Lens LED Taillight with Integrated Yellow LED Turnsignals from SPORTBIKELIGHTS.COM

I've attached a pic of what it should look like.

Any help with tips on installing this peace would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!!!

TURN_SIGNAL.gif

How much detail do you need.  Disassembly instructions or what?

Don

PS. I just installed 2 of these on Tuesday.

<!--EDIT|usn04limited
Reason for Edit: None given...|1151598130 -->

I'm a rookie!  :-)
Therefore I think I might just need everything, from start to finish.
I already tried to get started and I ended up breaking some clips.
Also, how do I go about removing the undertail? And where do you recommend I put the license plate?

I hate to bother people with things like these, but unfortunately I've spent my savings buying the bike, so I can't afford paying any shop to do these things for me.

Do you know of any website where I can get all this information with detailed pictures?  that way I won't have to keep on bugging you.

Ok, you have to remove the tail section.

1) Remove your rear seat or hump, whatever you have installed.

2) Disconnect the cable that goes from the key to latch for the hump or seat.
******************************************************************** VERY IMPORTANT, TAPE A PIECE OF PAPER OVER THE LATCH RIGHT NOW. IF YOU DON'T YOU ARE AT RISK FOR PUTTING THE HUMP BACK ON W/O THE CABLE ATTACHED AND THAT IS BAD STUFF

3) There are 6 pushpins on the bottom (3 per side), you remove those by pushing the center in just a bit, then using your fingernail under the collar of the pin and pulling the whole thing out.

4) The “Frankensteinâ€￾ bolts right behind the seat have to come out. There are little plastic caps on them that you pop off then us an allen wrench to remove those.

5) There are two fairing bolts right below the seat that have to come out.

6) The seat has to be removed.

7) There are 4 bolts under the hump that have to be removed and two Phillips head screws inside the rubber bumpers that have to come out.

8)Unless I have missed something that will allow you remove the rear fairing.

Don

...edited by BiG-T...

2) Disconnect the cable that goes from the key to latch for the hump or seat.
******************************************************************** VERY IMPORTANT, TAPE A PIECE OF PAPER OVER THE LATCH RIGHT NOW.  IF YOU DON'T YOU ARE AT RISK FOR PUTTING THE HUMP BACK ON W/O THE CABLE ATTACHED AND THAT IS BAD STUFF

biggrin.gif
Option #2:

...unscrew the lock....unscrew the lock...unscrew the lock.....it's two phillips screws and will stay attached to the tail....leave the cable alone.....

....we now continue w/ our regularly scheduled program...

I'm a rookie!  :-)
Therefore I think I might just need everything, from start to finish.
I already tried to get started and I ended up breaking some clips.
Also, how do I go about removing the undertail? And where do you recommend I put the license plate?

I hate to bother people with things like these, but unfortunately I've spent my savings buying the bike, so I can't afford paying any shop to do these things for me.

Do you know of any website where I can get all this information with detailed pictures?  that way I won't have to keep on bugging you.
So you have an undertail as well?

This might give you some assistance:

Feel free to ask questions...just keep an open mind and there are plenty of folks here willing to assist.

I'm in MD too (a good hour and some change south of you though). Shoot me a PM w/ your contact # and I can give you some help if you need it. If need be I'll ride up and give you a walkthrough. I'll be in Silver Spring sometime this weekend. Let me know.

Big-T,
I don't think that he has an undertail unless it is the TMH one because the led unit he is installing fits just like stock. I think he may be talking about getting rid of the mudflap.

Don

Big-T,
  I don't think that he has an undertail unless it is the TMH one because the led unit he is installing fits just like stock.  I think he may be talking about getting rid of the mudflap.

Don
Gotcha. I was a little confused about that because I thought the assembly simply "swapped out" w/o having to cut but wanted to cover both bases since he mentioned "remove undertail" and wanted opinions of tag relocation.

While searching.... someone provided. It should help out a lot of new folks w/ questions they have.

Big-T,
  I don't think that he has an undertail unless it is the TMH one because the led unit he is installing fits just like stock.  I think he may be talking about getting rid of the mudflap.

Don
Gotcha.  I was a little confused about that because I thought the assembly simply "swapped out" w/o having to cut but wanted to cover both bases since he mentioned "remove undertail" and wanted opinions of tag relocation.

While searching.... someone provided.  It should help out a lot of new folks w/ questions they have.
As far as the assy goes you are absolutely right, it is a swap out, but since the signals are integrated, you need to get rid of the stock stalks.

Don

Big-T,

Don
Gotcha.  I was a little confused about that because I thought the assembly simply "swapped out" w/o having to cut but wanted to cover both bases since he mentioned "remove undertail" and wanted opinions of tag relocation.

While searching.... someone provided.  It should help out a lot of new folks w/ questions they have.
As far as the assy goes you are absolutely right, it is a swap out, but since the signals are integrated, you need to get rid of the stock stalks.

Don
OH! So he has to cut wire, splice wire, and re-wire. Good to know ahead of time in case I make a trip for assistance.

Big-T,

Don

Don
OH!  So he has to cut wire, splice wire, and re-wire.  Good to know ahead of time in case I make a trip for assistance.
Nope,
That kit comes with a factory 1157 plug for the tail and brake lights. It comes with 2 wires for the signals, you just use the hot wire from the bike. It comes with those little clamp type electrical connectors. I did 2 bikes in under 2 hours (minus the time for the mudflap removal).

Don

(usn04limited @ Jun. 29 2006,10:45)   That kit comes with a factory 1157 plug for the tail and brake lights.  It comes with 2 wires for the signals, you just use the hot wire from the bike.  It comes with those little clamp type electrical connectors.  
Did a search and found this post. I am helping a friend install this on his bike. He lost the instruction. Anyone here knows how to hook up the 2 wires for the turn signals?
Thanks in advance

Didn't want to start a new post for saying thanks for some help I recieved from a board member, instead I thought it wiser to bring this subject back to the top so anyone interested could see it.
Thanks again for your assisstance with the wiring configuration installation Don (usn04limited )
beerchug.gif

Johnny

Back