Clear Alternatives Integrated Taillight

kairles

Donating Member
Registered
started the install tonight after I got off work. say's the kit is supposed to come with o-rings for the led board, mine didn't so it kinda moves around. I'll pick some up tomarrow. after I found out how to wire up the resistor the blinker binks at just about the same rate as stock and both tail and brake lights look brighter

couple pics

taillight

brake light

I'll get better pics and maybe a vid after I get everything cleanly wired up

that looks like it should be plenty visible...i have to do something with mine, i had a fairly new rider following me on saturday and he almost didn't make a curve because he was watching my brakelight for when he should slow down and missed seeing it once...i was running slow but he isn't experienced on sport bikes at all and was "too afraid to lean it over" (his words)...that is not something i want on my conscience

I installed this kit a few months back and mine also did not come the o-rings. I cant remember what I used to keep the led board from moving. If I had to guess I used a few washers. I also got the optional flasher relay and around a months time the blinkers stopped working. After I figured out the problem I called Clear Alternatives and they said to just it back. The relay that is. less than a week later I had not one but two different types of flasher relays. Very friendly folks over there.

kairles - I emailed Clear Alternatives and they are sending me the o-rings, since mine didn't come with them either.

I got some from work(kragen/CSK)

I'll have some better pics this weekend. Im in the middle of a couple mods

I have the C.A. Integrated Crystal Clear LED on order. May have to hit you guys up for assistance if I need it.

Hope they sent the freakin' O-rings. Lookin forward to see what it looks like on sunny days...can't be worse than almost all the other aftermarket signals I've seen.

The lack of instructions is pretty frustrating. I was wondering about the wiring. All my directions say is to connect the two yellow wires to the positive turn signal wires. That doesn't do anything for the brake light or running lights. I hope you guys figured it out as I have not. From the break light leads there are 2 white wires w/black stripes that appear to be the - leads that ran to each light. Then there's a brown lead and a black w/ white stripes. I assume I connect the black wires to the yellow wires on the leds. What do I do with the brown and the black with white stripes? The leds have a red black and green as well. So confusing. The turn signal wires are just black(+) and black/white(-) so they should just to yellow and ground I guess. Thanks for any help.
crazy.gif

no wiring needed for the brake/taillight. should have come with a 1157 socket already wired to the led board. just plug that into one of the stock sockets and you have brake and tail lights. for the blinkers you splice the yellow wire from the led board to the solid black wire in factory harness. if you plan to use the resistors you splice on end to the "+" solid black with the yellow wire and the other end to the "-"black w/white tracer.

I have the same modification, it appears that the flash rate is compariable to the stock flash rate with the resistors they supplied.  The only thing is that you have to install the resistors and consider that they might build up a little heat if the blinker is on for a period of time.

DSC00686.jpg

(kairles @ Dec. 02 2006,01:57) no wiring needed for the brake/taillight. should have come with a 1157 socket already wired to the led board. just plug that into one of the stock sockets and you have brake and tail lights. for the blinkers you splice the yellow wire from the led board to the solid black wire in factory harness. if you plan to use the  resistors you splice on end to the "+" solid black with the yellow wire and the other end to the "-"black w/white tracer.
Now I feel stupid.

Hahaha, yeah once you take a look at it and notice the socket with the wires coming off it, its self explanitory.

Back