Does anyone make a RED integrated taillight?

JuiceSC

Registered
Like the title says, I'm looking for integrated tail light in red, with amber built in turns. Clear alternatives has clear and blue (I think). I can't stand the look of clear lights.

Yes, I know when the bike is ON, it is red. But the clear look when off really bothers me.

Ps:I saw a honda the other day with such a tail lamp. SOme type of CBR with center exhaust under the tail. Is that factory lighting? Although, I'm not sure if the lens was red or clear. Also, some aftermarket LED lights are practically invisible unless view from directly behind, I don't want that either. Forget it in direct sunlight.

So, whats out there?

use the red cover that came on it and put the clear alternative lights inside it

it doesnt matter what cover you put on it

sounds like a personal problem...
rock.gif

(dkariores @ Aug. 28 2007,23:51) use the red cover that came on it and put the clear alternative lights inside it

it doesnt matter what cover you put on it
Beat me to it, was going to say same thing, if you do not have stock light, let me know, have one sitting around. there is a mod around here somewhere that someone did with stock taillight assembly and mounted in tail light housing.

You do realize that with a red plastic cover you may as well have just left it stock don't you?

There is a reason they make it clear and not red. If you put the red cover over it you won't see the difference between the red (braking) and orange (turn signal) LED lights, hence ruining the "integration" for cars to notice you are turning while braking.

Thanks guys, I guess I'm looking for something thats not available. I work in the computer industry, and there are LEDs that are green/red/yellow depending on voltage/polarity. Thats kinda what I'm looking for.

Yes, I realized about the yellow lights behind red lens. And yes, I still have the stock lights.

One other thing that I'm concerned with, I see so many aftermarket lights (mostly the clears) that look like azz/dim/can't see well in direct light or at an angle. I just don't want that.

I was browsing through AutoZone and they make all types of leds. I am sure you could keep your red tail light and find a way to mount a smaller set of leds of to the side of the tail light assemby to make a more stocl looking tail light and still have bright turn signals that are less noticeable.

(Fate @ Aug. 29 2007,07:35) I was browsing through AutoZone and they make all types of leds. I am sure you could keep your red tail light and find a way to mount a smaller set of leds of to the side of the tail light assemby to make a more stocl looking tail light and still have bright turn signals that are less noticeable.
I was just talking with a buddy. He told me his company has all kinds of LEDs and we can probably make something using the stock lens. I'll post pics if we come up with something.

(Over_Easy @ Aug. 29 2007,00:24) You do realize that with a red plastic cover you may as well have just left it stock don't you?

There is a reason they make it clear and not red.  If you put the red cover over it you won't see the difference between the red (braking) and orange (turn signal) LED lights, hence ruining the "integration" for cars to notice you are turning while braking.
Your info is incorrect, the amber led shows through the red lens. I didn't care for the clear lens so I tried the stock red lens and it works.

you guys are killin me....all these questions and no one comes to me.

If you just get the LED replacement board from Clear Alternatives and make sure you get the intergated one you just have to use the stock lens cover. There board has the amber LED built on board and even with the red cover you still get ALOT of amber color coming thru. Trust me I know, I had it for a while and then orderd the smoked lens just because of the look.

the board with intergater runs around 45 bucks. You can get it from me, Street n track, goldenchild, or clear alternatives direct.

If your interested just give me a call.

Thanks

Josh

Ryders Connection

tell me how many leds you want in the tail light and I could make one for you with the red diffused leds. You're talkin bout these right?
LH2040-Red.jpg

Back