20vs60 LED SwitchBack

did you get the AO or AW? i have the AO and like it much better than the AW sitchbacks, as far as the sockets, i can relate, as I have made a few of this for two friends and my two busas, I resorted to buying used taillights with sockets ( now I have three) and a pair of yellow front turn signal housings..lol. just so that I gould have the sockets.. I also have the female conectors that fit into the factory harness so it is a really plug and play kit for my friends...

I have AW. I like how it flashes from white to amber.
Gets more attention IMO = One more reason for people to notice you for safety reasons (and they look cool :laugh:)

I have AW. I like how it flashes from white to amber.
Gets more attention IMO = One more reason for people to notice you for safety reasons (and they look cool :laugh:)

I agree that it would leave you quite visible! I was thinking of buyin a $38 pair of 60led bulbs on ebay

I agree that it would leave you quite visible! I was thinking of buyin a $38 pair of 60led bulbs on ebay

Cant diss eBay because I promote alot of the chinese stuff :laugh:. Do post a thread about them when you get them. Post up a link

Not real sure if I'll go with eBay because none of the auctions describe function in any way of being AO or AW

Well update on the AO vrs AW 60 LED's from autollumination, seems to me that the better option is the AW as there are no Issues with them so far, as the AO I have notice (since I mostly ride late at night that the AO bulbs have an issue with staying on all the time, very frequently they will shut off and takes anything between 10 seconds to 2 minutes to come back on.
I first I tought it was and issue with the harness. (replaced it and did teh same thing) so then I figure It was the bulbs, replace it with onether set of AO and did the same, then replace them with SMT 30 and problem went away, put the SMT 60 AW and there is no problem

Just my two cents, i hated having a bulb out for a min only for that bulb to come on and then the other go out in the same fashion,

the funny part was me hanging over the front faring at speed just to check which one was out.:laugh::laugh:

Question guys, got mine wired up last night and was messing with them today, one of my bulbs is slow going back to white from amber...Sound like i got a screwy one or could it be related to..
Neither of them flash amber just solid amber, i have a led tail and with signals on they flash rather fast, didnt wanna send the one bulb back till i do the flasher mod and see if that corrects anything. i Got the 1157 AO's using the factory tail sockets. Any ideas

Havent traced anything probing wise, apparently my 12v test light took a dive and had to bring the multimeter inside to warm up

Question guys, got mine wired up last night and was messing with them today, one of my bulbs is slow going back to white from amber...Sound like i got a screwy one or could it be related to..
Neither of them flash amber just solid amber, i have a led tail and with signals on they flash rather fast, didnt wanna send the one bulb back till i do the flasher mod and see if that corrects anything. i Got the 1157 AO's using the factory tail sockets. Any ideas

Havent traced anything probing wise, apparently my 12v test light took a dive and had to bring the multimeter inside to warm up

The AO will have a delay in coming back on. All of them that I've seen do.

talked to autolumination today and they said i need to be running load equilizers with these a 6 ohm 50watt per bulb or they will crap out pre maturely. Was really confident that would solve my slow return from amber to white said they get that alot.

Thoughts? i'm not this in depth to lighting:whistle:

talked to autolumination today and they said i need to be running load equilizers with these a 6 ohm 50watt per bulb or they will crap out pre maturely. Was really confident that would solve my slow return from amber to white said they get that alot.

Thoughts? i'm not this in depth to lighting:whistle:

Get an EP35 from autozone. Its an LED flasher. There is a thread on how to do it. Playing xbox or i would look it up for ya :laugh:

I put in the EP35 myself. Easy easy

Thats kinda what i was thinking hence why i asked lol was planning on doing that, was at a parts store tonight and they didnt have that one

very frequently they will shut off and takes anything between 10 seconds to 2 minutes to come back on.
the funny part was me hanging over the front faring at speed just to check which one was out.:laugh::laugh:

Have not experienced any issues w/ the lighting blinking in or out that I could tell of....
LOL.. Now I'm gonna be the duck hanging over my fairing time to time checking those lights.....lol...<thanks for that.

If I may ask...are you running w/ modified sockets or tailLight sockets when you did your change over? I've heard of modified sockets having issues w/ vibrations and such ); for this reason is why I went w/ OEM tailLight sockets.

I'm running taillight sockets as I prefer to keep it all OEM, and boths sets of the 60 LEDs AO I have are having the same problem. they are about to get scrapped, I will be ordering the 48's and 60 AW to sit on the shelf,

Got my flasher all wired up and now i'm flashing and at a factory rate but the 1 bulb is still lagging to getting back to white. Sent another email to autolumination. See if i can get the 1 replaced

Got my flasher all wired up and now i'm flashing and at a factory rate but the 1 bulb is still lagging to getting back to white. Sent another email to autolumination. See if i can get the 1 replaced

Yeah gotta be a bad bulb. Let us know how their customer service is

They've been real good so far after some snooping around looks like i got a aw and the one i'm having issues with is a ao or just bad
heres a very poor quality video my camera took ???
Right is good left is in question

th_lights006.jpg

They've been real good so far after some snooping around looks like i got a aw and the one i'm having issues with is a ao or just bad
heres a very poor quality video my camera took ???

Listening to the video sounds like your relay is not clicking. Does the relay click properly and in time even when the bulb is acting up? They definitely did send you one AW and one AO. They should fix that.

Yea relay is clicking like it should and in time with the flashing. Quality of my digital camera is shady at best, and around 7 years old

So the AW is the right side correct? i do like how that one works, even though i ordered the ao's i'll get is swapped out for another aw

So the AW is the right side correct? i do like how that one works, even though i ordered the ao's i'll get is swapped out for another aw

Yep - You got it.
I liked them for night rides; but during the day.. I thought that the running lights between signal flashes took away from the lft / right signaling process. IMO - It seemed that my left or right lane changing was being second guessed by the pro-ponents of the street.
Good vid that demonstrates AO and AW bulb types.
:thumbsup:

Back