20vs60 LED SwitchBack

Thought i'd give yall a heads up on dealing with autolumination. Sent them the video and she did verify they sent me an aw and ao, asked what i wanted to do and right away sent me a RMA number to return the AO bulb, Ordered a AW thursday and shipped out the AO and they refunded my the price of the AO saturday. Nice and smooth which is good to know!

Red Falco sent you a couple PM's relating to this thread but they arent showing in my sent box let me know if you get them please thanks.

Is there any way somebody can post up a link for the sockets i will need? I found the switchbacks but can seem to find the proper 3 wire sockets.

Is there any way somebody can post up a link for the sockets i will need? I found the switchbacks but can seem to find the proper 3 wire sockets.

Quick down and dirty - "how to" for the use of tail light sockets on switchback mod. Wire connections will vary from year to year I believe on both the tail sockets and front sockets. Experiment w/ the connections before you solder it all together. I have the LED mirrors tapped into mine so I'm not sure of the colored wires used on my 06.

Beware: I've heard that some "rig'd" auto sockets cause too much vibration if not done properly and prematurly shorten the life span of the switchbacks or cause them to flicker.
Good luck

taillight.jpg

nose sb.jpg

also is the unused accesory wire you spoke of earlier in this post pictured in the above pic of the back of the head lamp or is it covered in tape? and if this is dicussed somewhere else with more info just let me know ill start looking.

also is the unused accesory wire you spoke of earlier in this post pictured in the above pic of the back of the head lamp or is it covered in tape? and if this is dicussed somewhere else with more info just let me know ill start looking.

Thats correct. I wrapped it in heat shrink tubing to make it more sturdy and seperate it from the rest of the "web" and then got an accessory harness "extension" that plugs right into that OEM connector. The extension splits to an extra connection and then runs to my tail with two additional plugs for electronics and such. Heres the link for that extension if your interested: Accessory harness extension A must have, IMO
I picked up power for the running lights off the 12volt switch power going into my delay box.

acessory harness.jpg

I used the stock tail light sockets in mine ( since I had an led tail light ). these are nice and make a great addition fot safety because you have another light on the bike for cars to see

One of my 20LED switchbacks went on the fritz last week. Went to order a replacement and seen a "NEW" 60 LED version for 5 moe bucks. So I bit like any curious sucker would and i bought two...lol.. These will turn the white leds OFF when the amber signal is activated. Always anoyed me with the others as they would illuminate the white leds between amber blinks, which to me, did not make the turn signals amber "flash" stand out as much.
Can't really pick up the brightness levels through pictures; but I can tell a differance when seeing my reflection in vehicles in front of me and activating the turn signal. (I can actually see the amber flash in my reflection of vehicle during the day)
They are a bit smaller too and makes for a "jiggle/scrapping" free install.
First pic is with the <<left side having the 20 LED in and the >>right side having the 60 LED in. Second pick, the same only with ambers on. 3rd is with both 60's in (same w/ video).
Gooood shtuff Maineard.

View attachment 204345

View attachment 204346

View attachment 204347

View attachment 204348
One of my 20LED switchbacks went on the fritz last week. Went to order a replacement and seen a "NEW" 60 LED version for 5 moe bucks. So I bit like any curious sucker would and i bought two...lol.. These will turn the white leds OFF when the amber signal is activated. Always anoyed me with the others as they would illuminate the white leds between amber blinks, which to me, did not make the turn signals amber "flash" stand out as much.
Can't really pick up the brightness levels through pictures; but I can tell a differance when seeing my reflection in vehicles in front of me and activating the turn signal. (I can actually see the amber flash in my reflection of vehicle during the day)
They are a bit smaller too and makes for a "jiggle/scrapping" free install.
First pic is with the <<left side having the 20 LED in and the >>right side having the 60 LED in. Second pick, the same only with ambers on. 3rd is with both 60's in (same w/ video).
Gooood shtuff Maineard.

View attachment 204345

View attachment 204346

View attachment 204347

View attachment 204348
[/QUOTE

I’m a new hayabusa owner, I have a 2000 and I bought switchback bulbs and when I install them the white light does not turn on but when I switch on the turn signal the amber light turns on and off, how do I really have to install them? To what wires?

RedFalco hasn't been active in 5 yrs so you may not get a response I figure.

Also I note this is your first thread, welcome, feel free to go to the new owners area and introduce yourself as you will find we are quicker to help people who plan to stick around.

...and, I would have completely missed your response as you need to use the quote and reply buttons together.

RedFalco hasn't been active in 5 yrs so you may not get a response I figure.

Also I note this is your first thread, welcome, feel free to go to the new owners area and introduce yourself as you will find we are quicker to help people who plan to stick around.

...and, I would have completely missed your response as you need to use the quote and reply buttons together.
Thank you!

Im not sure if he's still doing them but @GIXERHP was making kits to plug and play the switchbacks. I believe he even offered a kit to do full LEDs on the headlights as well. If you search for the switchbacks should be able to come across a more current thread on em and you can message gixerhp and see if he's still doing the kits.
Thanks!

Back