puig windscreen

tex_garza

Registered
i was wondering if anyone could shed some light on this for me ive been told that puig makes a double bubble windscreen but is it really that much better wat purpose does it serve and also i saw a screen that puig makes and it has a black section on the bottom and it also has a kanji on the screen can anyone tell me wat kind of screen this is if its good or which one is better and where can i get one and if yall have pics post those too thanks

Last edited:
I have their "Z Racing" windscreen. Which is essentially the same shape & size as the OEM screen. However mine is Dark Smoke :thumbsup: I love it. Fit & finish are good.

The Double Bubble is a larger 2 step screen that will offer more wind protection.

I have seen pics of the one w/ the lower black section & the Kanji.....although I am unsure if that one is a Puig.
Tim @ Pashnit or quite a few of the other board sponsors carry them.

Sorry...I'm @ work and unable to provide any pics.

the DB is a slighty taller wind screen and puts the wind up over the helmet a little better than the OEM screen. Also IMHO it looks better and flows with lines of the Busa better

I have them in stock in lots of colors if you need one,lmk..can ship today..

I have them for Gen 1 & 2 Busa and lots of other bikes...

Picture 2840.jpg

I have the Puig Z-Racing Screen. That's what they call their double bubble screen. There is a significant difference in wind protection over the stock screen. It's no touring screen, but when you tuck in it's pretty much got you covered. I like that the clear Puig fades to black (with kanji) toward the bottom, but is clear up where you'd want to see through it. It makes for a nice transition with the dark colors of the bike. I just got a fairly large order from tobefast.com (a .oRg sponsor) and their service and prices were great. You might check with them. Here's a stock photo of the screen. Oh, the little red and white logo on the side is a sticker and comes right off. The kanji is a permanent printing.

One more thing and I'll quit rambling. The black at the bottom is some sort of frosting substance on the back side of the screen. Mine had some small scratches in the black when it arrived. They were pretty noticeable, but quickly disappeared with a quick hit of black Sharpie. That was a few months ago, and it still looks perfect. :thumbsup:

PUIG3693.jpg

i love my z race.. offers more stability on highway, at high speeds,and looks like its supposed to be on my bike.crappy pic

IMG00080-20091014-1623.jpg

I have the Puig Z-Racing Screen. That's what they call their double bubble screen. There is a significant difference in wind protection over the stock screen. It's no touring screen, but when you tuck in it's pretty much got you covered. I like that the clear Puig fades to black (with kanji) toward the bottom, but is clear up where you'd want to see through it. It makes for a nice transition with the dark colors of the bike.

Not sure if that is correct. Pictured below is a photo of a Puig DB. It's looks different then our Z Racing screens. The funny thing is....it appears it depends what company website your viewing on what pic they show given the description. But they definitely offer a true "Double Bubble"

5e035f40daa71a51914345e6a9a6167f_rough.jpg

I have the Puig Z-Racing Screen. That's what they call their double bubble screen. There is a significant difference in wind protection over the stock screen. It's no touring screen, but when you tuck in it's pretty much got you covered. I like that the clear Puig fades to black (with kanji) toward the bottom, but is clear up where you'd want to see through it. It makes for a nice transition with the dark colors of the bike. I just got a fairly large order from tobefast.com (a .oRg sponsor) and their service and prices were great. You might check with them. Here's a stock photo of the screen. Oh, the little red and white logo on the side is a sticker and comes right off. The kanji is a permanent printing.

One more thing and I'll quit rambling. The black at the bottom is some sort of frosting substance on the back side of the screen. Mine had some small scratches in the black when it arrived. They were pretty noticeable, but quickly disappeared with a quick hit of black Sharpie. That was a few months ago, and it still looks perfect. :thumbsup:

You wouldn't happen to have a side veiw of that would ya?
I don't like the double bubbles, but that one doesn't look too bad.

Not sure if that is correct. Pictured below is a photo of a Puig DB. It's looks different then our Z Racing screens. The funny thing is....it appears it depends what company website your viewing on what pic they show given the description. But they definitely offer a true "Double Bubble"

Sorry if I got it wrong, but hopefully he'll be able to find what he's looking for either way.

Now lemme go see if I can get a sideview pic in the garage...

The first pic is the rider's view. I'm too tall to see the turn signal indicators with the stock screen, so this is much nicer in that respect. Pardon my bugs... :banghead:

DSCN1257.jpg

DSCN1248.jpg

DSCN1252.jpg

i like the one with the kanji on it the best is that the z racing version and if so where can i get it and is there any problem with it fitting a gen 2 or does it line up right

Some have the kanji and some have a 1300R logo. I'm not sure what the difference is.

The fit is pretty tight. I had to bend mine quite a bit to get it to fit, but there was no problem with the holes lining up or anything like that. I'm thinking that's probably done on purpose to prevent problems with vibrations or rattling.

I have the original double bubble like Bluehaya's except in dark smoke. They are much better than stock IMO because they have better wind, rain, and sleet protection and I can actually see my gauges and gear indicator which I have mounted above the dash. I'm at work right now but can post up pics when I get home in the morning. They are well worth the money if you spend much time on your bike!
Posted via Mobile Device

I have the original double bubble like Bluehaya's except in dark smoke. They are much better than stock IMO because they have better wind, rain, and sleet protection and I can actually see my gauges and gear indicator which I have mounted above the dash. I'm at work right now but can post up pics when I get home in the morning. They are well worth the money if you spend much time on your bike!
Posted via Mobile Device

:shocked:

Back