puig db vs suzuki db windscreen

hemi

Registered
been using the puig db dark smoke windscreen since i bought the bike and have been very happy with it. Lately i have been thinking about the suzuki light smoke db screen though, rode my friends 08 busa (exact same bike) without wearing a helmet or glasses, and it didn't seem to throw any wind into my face, seemed to deflect the wind over me much better than the puig. At about 6'1", the puig seems to blast the wind right at my head most of the time. Anyone tried the two, and which was better? It's a compromise, i think the suzuki deflects the wind a bit better, but the puig definitely looks better

I would go with the one that puts the wind right in your face. That way it will be uncomfortable and will remind you to PUT A DAMN HELMET ON:snap:

:rofl::rofl: very funny. I do always wear a helmet, but sometimes will ride without one and my eyes water like crazy, even with decent motorcycle sunglasses on. when i rode my friends busa with no helmet/glasses that had the suzuki db, no wind was in my face/eyes at all, even up to about 80 mph

anybody got some good pics of your bike with the suzuki screen on it. Might pull the trigger tonight, but would like to see some pics first

:rofl::rofl: very funny. I do always wear a helmet, but sometimes will ride without one and my eyes water like crazy, even with decent motorcycle sunglasses on. when i rode my friends busa with no helmet/glasses that had the suzuki db, no wind was in my face/eyes at all, even up to about 80 mph

Sorry,your statement makes no sense. ???
"I do always wear a helmet, but sometimes will ride without one and my eyes water like crazy, even with decent motorcycle sunglasses on."

Funny you should post this because I just ordered the Puig not 10 minutes before i read your post. My problem is that the stock screen puts so much wind pressure on my shoulders that even my leather jacket flaps around like crazy at high speed. This causes a vibration and it actually blurs my vision. Warbird has a Puig and he really likes it so I was going to give it a try. I hadn't even given the Suzuki one a thought but I will be interested in your experience with it, especially if the Puig doesn't cure my wind issues.

Funny you should post this because I just ordered the Puig not 10 minutes before i read your post. My problem is that the stock screen puts so much wind pressure on my shoulders that even my leather jacket flaps around like crazy at high speed. This causes a vibration and it actually blurs my vision. Warbird has a Puig and he really likes it so I was going to give it a try. I hadn't even given the Suzuki one a thought but I will be interested in your experience with it, especially if the Puig doesn't cure my wind issues.

Willie you will like the Puig! It does help get more of you out of the wind.... my have to let you ride mine if you need to make sure its what you want!

Last edited:
i bought a zero gravity db windscreen and hated it any speed greater then 120mph and wind shake me...140 got scary... after trying different tuck positions got so aggrevated put the stocker back on 180 on the speedo and was as smooth as 55..

The stock screen put the wind right at my throat and couldn't see the gauges without really moving my head (I'm 6'4).

Bought a Puig DB and now all good and looks better than stock - it really complements the bodywork lines.

Sorry,your statement makes no sense. ???
"I do always wear a helmet, but sometimes will ride without one and my eyes water like crazy, even with decent motorcycle sunglasses on."

guess i should have been more clear. Majority of the time i am wearing my helmet. Only time i ride without one is to warm up the chain or somethin so i can clean it, so i take it for a quick spin around the block, or a quick trip to the gas station i will go without the lid sometimes. Other than that, it's always on

don't get me wrong, the puig is a fantastic screen. Looks great on the bike. Never even had a chance to try out the stocker, bought the puig the first week i had the bike. When i rode my friends 08 busa, the suzuki db just seemed to direct the airflow a bit better right over my head, whereas the puig puts it right in my face. Not really noticeable with my helmet on, but at high speeds my head will shake quite a bit if i don't tuck down some

my only main concern is the suzuki db only comes in light smoke, same as factory. I really like the look of dark smoke screens. A member on the boards has one that he tinted dark and it looks great, sent him a pm but haven't heard back yet.

I have a Puig dark smoke and love it. It is a little dark to see through at night. I would probably grab the light smoke if I was going to get another one since one of the local tracks I run at races at night.

DSC03553.JPG

DSC03554.JPG

True_Street_7-3-10_092.jpg

Cordova2.jpg

Last edited:
I have a Puig dark smoke and love it. It is a little dark to see through at night. I would probably grab the light smoke if I was going to get another one since one of the local tracks I run at races at night.
NOOOOOO!!!!

Simply stop wearing a helmet...you'll be able to see through it at night just fine then. Of course, your eyes may water a little bit, but hey, no worries...chances are you'll be dead in a few.

Back