pics of my new screen vs puig db

hemi

Registered
been using the puig db dark smoke screen since i bought the bike about 2 years ago. It is a great screen and looks awesome on the bike. After riding my buddies 08 busa with the suzuki screen i decided to try it. Really like it so far, think i even like it better than the puig, seems to block the wind just a bit better. Was gonna try to tint it darker with vht spray tint, but after testing the vht on a piece of plexiglass a few times, just can't get it to come out right so i think i'm gonna leave it be. I think the light smoke looks pretty good anyway. Enough ranting, here's the before and after pics

025.JPG

039.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

025.JPG

039.JPG

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

looks good, i just wish you could get em in the dark smoke. how do you like the wind protection vs. the puig?

I like the Suzuki one a lot too...it's real nice for tucking all the way under. My Puig is very hard to see through at night. I switch it back and forth from my wifes white one...

0918001901.jpg

i think the wind protection is a bit better with the suzuki screen vs the puig, not a huge difference though. Only took it for one ride so far, but overall i think i like the suzuki screen better

What was the pricing you got for the 2 windscreens, just want to know the price difference. How is the quality compared to Puig? Its hard to beat puig's quality, but i do dig the wider/higher look, and it does seem to block a bit more wind when tucked in. Awesome pics!

Looks like the suzuki does cover the rider with a little more wind protection, but I like the look of the puig better!

i have the suzuki and i love it. however im not thrilled about the fit and finish. why cant it fit exactly like the factory with the perfect squared off edges that match up perfectly with the front fairing. plus i had to pretty much force the thing to get the bolt holes to line up. it works well and looks good. compared to some others it fits great. i just cant get past the lines not fitting perfectly.

been using the puig db dark smoke screen since i bought the bike about 2 years ago. It is a great screen and looks awesome on the bike. After riding my buddies 08 busa with the suzuki screen i decided to try it. Really like it so far, think i even like it better than the puig, seems to block the wind just a bit better. Was gonna try to tint it darker with vht spray tint, but after testing the vht on a piece of plexiglass a few times, just can't get it to come out right so i think i'm gonna leave it be. I think the light smoke looks pretty good anyway. Enough ranting, here's the before and after pics

View attachment 204501

View attachment 204502

View attachment 204503

View attachment 204504

View attachment 204505

View attachment 204506

View attachment 204507

View attachment 204508

Hemi, As we talked before having the same issue with the Puig, does this new screen push the wind above your helmet or does it still hit you in the face, The reason I asked this question is, looking at the pics it doesnt look like it's much taller but looks like it increased the protection a little wider than the Puig (taking alot more wind off your chest) It does look really nice but still looking for the ultimate wind protection as you can relate. Please let me know

time to answer some questions i guess:laugh:. I'm about 6'1", yes the puig looks a tad better/sportier, but i think the suzuki fits more precise with the nose fairing. My puig always had a slight 1/4" gap where it met the nose, the suzuki fits absolute perfect. As for pricing, can't remember how much the puig cost bc it's been a while, i think about $80-90, the suzuki db is on sale at oneida for $77. Wind protection-they look almost identical, but the suzuki is about 1" higher than the puig, i think it is mostly the angle of the screen though. The suzuki flare's up higher at the lip i believe. If i'm sitting on the bike, being 6'1", also with tobin/new image seat, the puig lip is shooting right towards my neck, with the suzuki and sitting on the bike, the lip shoots right over my helmet, this is sitting on the bike and looking right at the screen. Haven't had much time to test the new screen yet, just one ride so far, and it seemed to help out a bit. If i have time tomorrow i will try another ride at high speeds:laugh::laugh:, and see if i still have the bobble head/turbulence effect without ducking down

thinkin i will probably end up selling the puig, but give me a week or so to make sure i am happy with the suzuki db before selling the puig

I got my Puig today and installed it. I took some pictures so you can see it compared to the stock Suzuki Screen. I am 6'-1/2" and I have a stock Suzuki seat. My main problem was not where the wind was hitting my face (I always wear a helmet), but more buffeting on the shoulders. Quick ride tonight felt much better than the stock Suzuki screen. Here are some thoughts:

1. Puig feels like heavier material than the Suzuki. I got light smoke because they didn't have a clear. I shoot video through it so I hope I don't have to find a new camera location.

2. Puig does not fit exactly in the fairing. It was easy to force in but the Suzuki snaps right in/out with less fuss.

3. Graphics on the Puig are nice (I added the Suzuki "S" on my stock screen). Only wish they had used a 1340 decal rather than the 1300.

4. The Puig does a little magic in that it manages to look more sporty and is actually significantly taller than the stock screen (by couple inches or so).

Jacket Flutter.jpg

Top view Comparison.jpg

Side view Comparison.jpg

Front Comparison.jpg

Side on Bike Comparison.jpg

Reactions: c10
I got my Puig today and installed it. I took some pictures so you can see it compared to the stock Suzuki Screen. I am 6'-1/2" and I have a stock Suzuki seat. My main problem was not where the wind was hitting my face (I always wear a helmet), but more buffeting on the shoulders. Quick ride tonight felt much better than the stock Suzuki screen. Here are some thoughts:

1. Puig feels like heavier material than the Suzuki. I got light smoke because they didn't have a clear. I shoot video through it so I hope I don't have to find a new camera location.

2. Puig does not fit exactly in the fairing. It was easy to force in but the Suzuki snaps right in/out with less fuss.

3. Graphics on the Puig are nice (I added the Suzuki "S" on my stock screen). Only wish they had used a 1340 decal rather than the 1300.

4. The Puig does a little magic in that it manages to look more sporty and is actually significantly taller than the stock screen (by couple inches or so).

Great post!

I happen to have the Puig Z screen and really like it. Funny thing is, If I hadn't seen those side by side shots off the bike like that, I would have guessed the Suzuki screen sat taller than the Puig. I couldn't have been more wrong.

Nice contribution crazyarch :thumbsup:

time to answer some questions i guess:laugh:. I'm about 6'1", yes the puig looks a tad better/sportier, but i think the suzuki fits more precise with the nose fairing. My puig always had a slight 1/4" gap where it met the nose, the suzuki fits absolute perfect. As for pricing, can't remember how much the puig cost bc it's been a while, i think about $80-90, the suzuki db is on sale at oneida for $77. Wind protection-they look almost identical, but the suzuki is about 1" higher than the puig, i think it is mostly the angle of the screen though. The suzuki flare's up higher at the lip i believe. If i'm sitting on the bike, being 6'1", also with tobin/new image seat, the puig lip is shooting right towards my neck, with the suzuki and sitting on the bike, the lip shoots right over my helmet, this is sitting on the bike and looking right at the screen. Haven't had much time to test the new screen yet, just one ride so far, and it seemed to help out a bit. If i have time tomorrow i will try another ride at high speeds:laugh::laugh:, and see if i still have the bobble head/turbulence effect without ducking down

Hemi, trying to purchase the screen but dont know what oneida is for $77.00. Is that a website or what. Please provide the info from where you purchased it. Thanks

Back