Puig DB Windscreen?

Greeblesnitz

Registered
So I searched the forum and i've seen a lot of pics and positive comments about the puig dark smoke db windscreen for the 08's. I'm sold on getting one but I can't seem to find it anywhere. I've checked sponor sites on here and spent the last hour and a a half going through various vendors google turned up. On ebay the closest thing I have is an auction listed as black/silver db puig. That one looks like it has a silver hayabusa logo but I wasn't quite sure how it would look on my dark grey 08 so I figured i'd just go for a plain one.

If anyone is able to post a site they got theirs from, I'd greatly appreciate it. Oh and if anyone knows any good rearview camera/lcd setups, that'd be cool too :thumbsup:

Use our sponsors.. :thumbsup: Goes out to Josh at Ryders Connection Azle, TX 1 (877) 447-1566.. I have used his services several times and met him in person great guy to deal with..

Thanks for the replies all, question, whats the difference between a puig double bubble and the puig z racing windscreen? Also I'm looking at the online store for Riders Connection (the sponor link thats posted) and there is no puig ones listed, should I just call on Monday? Not sure how good online parts stores are for having their complete inventory posted.

Call or PM he can get it all.. I think the Z racing is the same as stock, Not 100% sure though..

Our other sponsor Daniel, aka Golden Child carries Piug. Either Josh or Daniel would be more than happy to help you out.

If you would like Zero Gravity screens for your busa, I can get those for you. Very similiar, but the shapes and looks are a bit different so personal preference there.

whats the difference between a puig double bubble and the puig z racing windscreen?

The racing screens are typically similar to the shape of the stock screen- put differently, they follow the lines of the busa. The Double Bubble style is just that, a middle ground shape with a bubble shape that you can lean down on the bike and hide inside of. I use the DB in the winter, and ride with the SR (stock replacement) screen during the summers.

whats the difference between a puig double bubble and the puig z racing windscreen?

Here is a shot of the Puig Double Bubble. This is Doyle (raydog).
Img_0127_piug_windscreen_700.jpg

Here's the Zero Gravity double bubble on my bike, see the difference in shapes?

front-nose-600.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bought mine from Danial (aka GoldenChild) who is a site sponsor. I doesn't have them listed on his website. The best thing to do is call him and he will hook you up.

A+ for Cloud Nine Motorsports.

Thanks for the referrals but I'm no longer a sponsor here,hit up josh or some of your other site sponsors.Thanks to all my customers that have stood behind me,I will continue to give ya tech help when possible.

Thanks again and be safe out there riding.

I emailed Puig, since one vendor lists a "Racing" and then a "Z-Racing" Puig. This is their response, i'm trying to figure out if the Z-Racing is the DB, and according to Puig, it sounds like it is. I'm also searching for a pic of the light-smoke on a blue '08. :whistle:

"The Z-Racing screens is the next step of double bubble screens. These screens feature a new air-flow shape bubble that sets the air on the side-rails of the screens and spits above the shoulders. That means less air on shoulders and less air on helmet. Racing screens outperforms the OEM screen, but do not lead the airflow as the Z-Racing shape does."

I emailed Puig, since one vendor lists a "Racing" and then a "Z-Racing" Puig. This is their response, i'm trying to figure out if the Z-Racing is the DB, and according to Puig, it sounds like it is. I'm also searching for a pic of the light-smoke on a blue '08. :whistle:

"The Z-Racing screens is the next step of double bubble screens. These screens feature a new air-flow shape bubble that sets the air on the side-rails of the screens and spits above the shoulders. That means less air on shoulders and less air on helmet. Racing screens outperforms the OEM screen, but do not lead the airflow as the Z-Racing shape does."

I don't have a Puig but mine is a light smoke Zero Gravity. I like it but I can't compare it to the Puig because I haven't used that screen.

019.jpg

Back