Puig DB install problemo

cycleman

Registered
What the crap am I missing here. Got the stocker out OK. The Puig is giving me problems. Got it in the slots and it seems to bottom out but the screw holes are not lined up. The screen holes are about 1/4 high. The thing apears to be fully seated at the nose. Been tapping on it with rubber mallet with no joy. Anybody got ideas of for next step? I just walked away to let it soak.

Mine was pretty straight forward, if I remember right I had more of an "adjustment" when I was trying to get the holes to line up for the two rubber socket plug whatever those two items are.

Wish I was more of a help man...

IMG_0606.jpg

IMG_0593.jpg

IMG_0485.jpg

In the last pic, it's the two silver headed screws that pull that rubber plunger back up towards the screen to hold it in place...That was the only think that I had to wiggle it around for, and also it makes crazy noises when being "wiggled":whistle:

:brave:

Still no good. It appears to be bottomed out in the nose but the sides are high and a long ways from being able to get the screws back in. Is there a cushion strip in the slot that the screen rests in or on? This thing is making me crazy. How hard can it be?

Got er done! The only way I could do it was to line up one side and screw it down loose and then slip in the other side. Was about to call the dogs and piss on the fire.

I was just gonna say if you take that bottom piece off up under the screen and over the gauges, it makes it so much easier. Mine was hanging up too, took that off and it just sit right down in there. Oh and by the way, :worthless:

I was just gonna say if you take that bottom piece off up under the screen and over the gauges, it makes it so much easier. Mine was hanging up too, took that off and it just sit right down in there. Oh and by the way, :worthless:

nah,that piece doesnt make a difference,it doesnt even come into play,its just a tight fit,nothing like the Gen1,that thing would almost fall out without the 2 bolts.

I took off the two pieces but found that had nothing to do with the install.
yeah,you almost need to have 3 hands,pull both the ends out and push at the same time,almost seems like they could have did a better job designing it since its not in its natural shape once in place but whatever,it does fit in with a little effort

:beerchug:

Only probl;em I found was the DB from puig is a bit thicker than the stock. Moreover the form is a bit bent so when you are trying to slide it in, you have to bend it out and slide in the thick screen in 'not-so-thick' slot. But once it's in, it looks/fits great. but yes, its a B#$@#$%#$%^#H, well worth it!

Only probl;em I found was the DB from puig is a bit thicker than the stock. Moreover the form is a bit bent so when you are trying to slide it in, you have to bend it out and slide in the thick screen in 'not-so-thick' slot. But once it's in, it looks/fits great. but yes, its a B#$@#$%#$%^#H, well worth it!
+1:thumbsup:

Back