Puig Windshield question

Ludicrous Speed

Registered
Am I the only one here that has to have three people to install their screen???

This thing is so far from just sliding in it is not even funny...

I thought maybe I was missing something, but the stocker slides right in using one hand! The Puig hits the black plastic under the nose and then hits the painted plastic as you try to slide it in...

Gonna have to wait for the wife to try and help me:banghead:

Are you serious? Its that hard? ??? Wouldnt seem worth the hassle to me. Is it a double bubble?

I was just looking at buying an OEM suzi double bubble made by puig but am now reconsidering...

No, I am not joking. I have never had a windshield not fit before......

I had Sportech, ZG, and Puig on my Gen 1 and Puig seemed to fit the best. Part of the reason I bought one for my Gen2

Mine was a pain in the Butt also, Be careful cause you can easily crack the fairing up by the mirror, Especially if ya get frustrated and decide to just get it close and then knock it in with your hand.:whistle:

I have the Suzuki OEM double-bubble and had no issues whatsoever getting it in place. Maybe because it's really cold there?

It takes at least 2 peeps and still sucks, If I ever take mine out, I will put the stock back in, But it also could have been because i was pi$$ed.:laugh:

Doh, you're right. I didn't look at the forum. My bad.

Yep, Gen1s seem to be much easier to work on. Fairings are easier, windshields are easier. And since we're in this forum, they're nicer to look at too. :poke:

Doh, you're right. I didn't look at the forum. My bad.

Yep, Gen1s seem to be much easier to work on. Fairings are easier, windshields are easier. And since we're in this forum, they're nicer to look at too. :poke:

Yeah i didnt notice either til he said he used the same thing on his Gen1 before :laugh:

Someone obviously using the "NEW POSTS" button, since I put this under GEN II forum:moon:

:lol:

Well SOMEONE has a Gen1 in their signature :laugh: Yep you love the Gen1 better...

And yes i use the new posts button all the time :laugh:

Am I the only one here that has to have three people to install their screen???

This thing is so far from just sliding in it is not even funny...

I thought maybe I was missing something, but the stocker slides right in using one hand! The Puig hits the black plastic under the nose and then hits the painted plastic as you try to slide it in...

Gonna have to wait for the wife to try and help me:banghead:
I had the same problem when installing a Zero Gravity Double Bubble. Try spraying some WD-40 on the bottom part of the screen to help it slide in. I was ready to send mine back, then I tried WD-40 and it went right into place.

I had the same problem when installing a Zero Gravity Double Bubble. Try spraying some WD-40 on the bottom part of the screen to help it slide in. I was ready to send mine back, then I tried WD-40 and it went right into place.

I may try a little silicone spray, see if it helps. Gotta buddy coming over now to help me:thumbsup:

It is in/on....

Sprayed a little silicone spray, and with my friends help, we got one side in, then the other. Never had such a difficult time with a screen before.

He said his wasn't as difficult, but still a PITA

How many Illini does it take to change a windshield? :whistle:

TWO!! :laugh:

Glad you got it worked out! :thumbsup:

They are a lot tighter then the rest.

Had the zg sport touring shield, yani shiki type r, then the puig, it's tough to get on but seems to be the nicest of the bunch.

Just installed on on the beemer last week, yep a little tough on this bike to, but good quality, like it better then zg.

The puig is a pain in the azz compared with a ZG. I had to really flex the screen to get it onto my second gen. Felt like I was about to split the screen in two.

Back