Proper riding boots & pants also

my .02c-
i bought sum ridin boots recently so I can quit messin up my sneakers, not to keep my legs intact (they're only up to mid-ankle anyway). Got sum ICON aramid-reinforced jeans to wear too-cuz my nice ones were getn beat up by all the hi-speed debris whippin'em on the freeway (every day i get on the bike, I see the upside of 100mph at least once if I hit an expressway).

I ride scared shidless that I am goin to get hit by sum mindless turd every time I turn the key-THAT over-active sense of self-preservation is what keeps me out of the emergency room, not sum cowhide n kevlar crap. I ride with no mirrors, and I still have a better sense of who n what is around me than other guys I ride with-cuz my head doesn't stop moving unless I'm ttraveling so fast, nothin has time to get in my blind spot.

I agree that the best way to come out of a accident is not by gear, but by alertness and the ability to avoid it. But that said, I'll still spend the extra $$$$ even if it adds a marginal percentage of chance that I can come out of a accident slightly better.

And yes, gear can't protect stupidity, but sometimes, even the most sane of riders with the utmost amount of experience may see his/her number come up a certain day that he/she shouldn't been on a particular road/street/freeway at a particular time.

Sheeet, I might even consider getting a full fledge armor vest that can withstand a .45 calibar. What does that cost? $1500? I think my heart, lungs, ribs, kidney, stomuch, intestines, are worth more than that.

dam. those pics are ruff. i agree with riding invisible, and good gear.

Back