Proper riding boots & pants also

eynlai

Registered
Some people believe that I'm OVERDRESSed all of the time when I ride... Like I'm heading out to the track... And a lot believe that helmet, jacket and gloves is all you need and a pair of sneakers and jeans will do... Well, you never really need something until you need it.

WARNING: Unless you have a strong stomuch, or having eaten in the last 2 hours, and don't plan on eating for the next 2 hours, I wouldn't advise you to click on to view these pics at this time.

And this MAY cause some of you to spend some more $$$ on proper riding gear for the LOWER part of your body. If it does, then this post served its purpose.

http://www.ogrish.com/archive....06.html

That guy will be lucky to ever walk again.....WoW! never ride without all my gear, even if its just to the store.

That guy will be lucky to ever walk again.....WoW!     never ride without all my gear,  even if its just to the store.
According to the article, his leg had to be amputated so he will limping from now on.

Guessing by the look of the injury and the particular accident situation I would gess that there is very little the boots could have done to prevent such damage. The impact must have been very strong. I am not advocating not using gear it is just that in this particular situation it may have not made a big difference.

my $0.02

The pain must be horrific. But I don't see boots stopping that kind of break. It would of broken in a slightly higher place with boots. It looks like bad luck with a truck.

That guy will be lucky to ever walk again.....WoW!     never ride without all my gear,  even if its just to the store.
According to the article, his leg had to be amputated so he will limping from now on.

Guessing by the look of the injury and the particular accident situation I would gess that there is very little the boots could have done to prevent such damage. The impact must have been very strong. I am not advocating not using gear it is just that in this particular situation it may have not made a big difference.

my $0.02
Guess I should of read the article but I was to busy eating my cheerios and looking at the pics this morning
tounge.gif
biggrin.gif
I think your right though, he just took to hard a hit for gear to give him the protection he needed. pain pain pain
AAAssjani.gif

Well, if looking at that doesn't make you ride extremely over-cautious for a few days nothing will.

my $0.02
+1

Leathers and boots wouldn't have saved his leg. Just like the accident couple of weeks ago in my neck o the woods. Kid was wearing gear but it didn't save him.

my $0.02
I believe so too, but you have to admit that wearing the proper CE approved calf high boots MIGHT have increased the chance that they have in sewning that leg back together. No doubt, the bone breakage in this case is unavoidable, but who knows how much it would've helped? In his case, I'd take it with the boots on.

these types of pictures and stories do remind me to be the most defensive driver I can be. But in most of these extreme cases the gear would have done very little to save a life or limb.

looks alot like a harley guy we witnessed get sideswiped by a 19 year old..right at the ankle...but they were able to reattach...dont know if he still rode though...he owned a harley repair shop and been rideing for like 40 years

"Gear" is always a great idea and you are never "Over-Dressed"...unfortunately?...as observed herein?...no amount of gear would've markedly decreased the injuries one sustains from impacting adament objects...namely cages, guardrails, telephone poles...blah, blah, blah...even with top end full coverage gear you'll loose everytime...so sorry...even boots and riding pants weren't gonna stop this dudes leg from grenading...not in this instance...and is why skills and level of concentratio and awareness are so important to our survival as motorcyclists....in other words?...you can't...."Gear Your Way Out Of Stupid"

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

Ok the last pic in the set is horrible but i have seen it before. My one question is... Who does the tennis shoe belong to? The rider appeared to be wearing riding boots.
rock.gif

Back