Progressive gear based nitrous control - controlled by factory ecu :)

Just so everyone knows, Im just the goof building hardware here, the real brains in all the ecu stuff is Petrik in finland who writes the code etc, truly a brilliant dude, who gives us the software completely free of charge.

Ogre,

No sir, but there is already a plug and play nitrous solution for gen 1's, just not quite as sophisticated.

Greg

He has expressed before he doesnt want any but says u may donate to thelate daveO family
Posted via Mobile Device

That is absolutely correct, if any of you guys feel like chipping in a dime or more - just send it to Lauren or rest of the DaveO:s family - not mattering how small amounts, its more about the thought and fact that DaveO:s feedback and enthusiasm really helped us to get the ECUeditor project where it is today so lets keep the appreciation up and alive.

You can get in touch with them through almost everyone in the speed community like Greg, Brocks, Bryan Snyder, ...

That is absolutely correct, if any of you guys feel like chipping in a dime or more - just send it to Lauren or rest of the DaveO:s family - not mattering how small amounts, its more about the thought and fact that DaveO:s feedback and enthusiasm really helped us to get the ECUeditor project where it is today so lets keep the appreciation up and alive.

You can get in touch with them through almost everyone in the speed community like Greg, Brocks, Bryan Snyder, ...

Thanks again PetriK! :beerchug:

I'll be sure to send them some stuff... :thumbsup:

And just as I posted that info, petrik released software with ramp times for each gear now turned on.

-----------------------------------------------------------------
Moving up to next version leaving a more or less stable v2.1 to be as it is.

index

Name: Hayabusa ECUeditor for K2-K7, K8- and BKing models

Version: 2.2.0.6

This is the first Alpha (alfa) version which includes gear based rampup time setting. You can define a rampup time for each gear. During transition the previous gear value is used until the current gear rampup is reached. This is tested on desktop not on a bike. (One potential problem to watch is if the gear detects neutral between shifts when the rampup starts from zero. On desktop that does not happen, but obviously its possible with GPS sensor.)

All rampups (nitrous solenoid duty, fuel % add and ignition retard) happen currently at same rate having same starting point which is previous gear values for gears 2-6 and 0 for gear 1. The maximum is the value set for the gear at the end of the ramp time. There has been a request for fuel ramp up delay - but that is not (at least yet) implemented. Need to have some hard facts as dyno charts that this is really needed, particularly now with the ramp up time control. It can be implemented, but it is only one more parameter which can be misconfigured leading to problems.

More practical way, if you set
gear1: 50%duty and 2000ms time delay
gear2: 80%duty and 2000ms time delay
gear3: 100%dity and 4000ms time delay
the system will operate like this: Gear1, nitrous and fuel will ramp from 0 to 50% duty in 2000ms and stay there until a gear change. After gear change the rampup will tahe gear1 values as starting point and gradually ge to the target value 80% in 2000ms. This allows the bike to better hook up the nitrous power to the ground as the power delivery "delay" i.e. rampup can be set.

The reason why I am challenging the need for fuel delay is the following:
- At 8000rpm the engine takes in around 192Litres per second
- Assuming that the airbox and intake volume is 5litres before fuel injector it takes around 26ms to to completely empty the airbox, i.e. max 3 fuel injector cycles when engine may run a bit richer.
(Above assuming I had my maths right)

I see this problem and need for fuel delay settings for engines where you have a very high hit without a rampup.

I just wanted to thank Greg for dealing with all of my dumb questions and helping me understand how his progessive harness works. I ordered mine on Tuesday and it arrived on Saturday. Now the hard part...waiting the whole month until my ECU flashing/tuning appt. with J. Cheese...

stole this post from PetriK on another board.

This is mildly beefed up engine with some camming and springs etc. What was done: added a dry shot nitrous system with 2x28 jets, fuel pump upgrade to bosch pump, plugged in nitrous harness from boostbysmith, flashed the ecu and verified the results in dyno. And yes, HP scale is on the left side ;-)

nitrous250hp.jpg

Ecu flashing means settings were something like this.

nitrouscontrol.jpg

stole this post from PetriK on another board.

Even though now adding nitrous has really become "plugin" stuff where the amount can be adjusted with few keystrokes on a lap top there are two things that should not be overlooked:
1) Fuelpump upgrade to bosch pump
2) Valve springs update to e.g. carpenter #70

So for this +50hp kit what was needed:
- drykit with 2x28 jets (~300usd)
- relay harness from boostbysmith (~70usd)
- valve springs kit (~150usd)
- bosch fuelpump (~300usd)
- ecueditor and interface we aleready had
... so we are talking about 800 usd to make 50hp.

Last edited:
I bought and installed this harness on my 09 and had Johnny Cheese do the tune and ECU flash/edit on Saturday. I highly recommend this harness as it makes spraying easy and "dummy proof"...even for a guy like me. I have mine set up to be throttle activated and to spray 50% in second gear and 100% in 3-6th. Also,a big thanks to J. Cheese. You did a great job and I couldn't be happier.

Back