Progressive gear based nitrous control - controlled by factory ecu :)

smithabusa

Site Sponsor
Registered
ready for testing, petrik just released new code that allows a different duty cycle of nos pulsation for each gear and ability to shut off in first gear. To activate go > 95% throttle and push on the mode button on throttle side.

quick cheesy video LOL

- Nos ecu gen 2 gear based[/url]

nitrouscontrol.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
ogre you gotta stay outta the gen 2 section bud :) LOL

Just gen 2 bud sorry, technically the gen 2 bikes have a lot more features and stuff in the ecu than gen 1's do

UPGRADE :)

Hey you actually got a true functional use out of the mode selector switch. Now if it could be modded to work with the audiovox cruise control. :whistle:

Im just the goof soldering and putting together harnesses and posts, petrik is the brains
Posted via Mobile Device

Petrik and Smithabusa,
Looks like you both have plenty of input over on the activeboard. I have been using a progressive for many years, and there are still some critical features missing before it can be used safely and effectively, but its still under development. Looks promissing.

Petrik and Smithabusa,
Looks like you both have plenty of input over on the activeboard. I have been using a progressive for many years, and there are still some critical features missing before it can be used safely and effectively, but its still under development. Looks promissing.

Hi Draco, PLEASE Chime in over there? :please: I know you KNOW your stuff when it comes to N20(among a lot of other things). I/We would LOVE to have your input on the Hack Board. :thumbsup:

Hopefully the basic functionality gets tested soon (2 harnesses shipped out today), then from there petrik will start adding additional features etc once we know what exists already works correctly.

The past week have had about 3 different guys on the dyno using the new nitrous harness. I have made a small change to it for activation now but think these are ready to be sold :D

Two ways to turn Nitrous On:
Option 1: Push and Hold Mode UP Button Entire Time You Want To Spray / Window RPM / Wide Open Throttle
Option 2: Have Toggle Switch in the On Position / Window RPM / Wide Open Throttle

Petrik's ECU Editor will allow the following, for Each Gear!
- Adjustable % Duty Cycle (want no nitrous in 1st gear, no problem, want 50% duty cycle, no problem)
- Adjustable Fuel Add %
- Adjustable Ignition Retard Amount
- Adjustable Fuel delay (have your NOS Solenoid in the tail section, and want to delay the fuel a little so you don't go instantly rich while the line builds with nitrous, no problem)
- Adjustable Solenoid Frequency (gives the ability to tune your progressive in addition to duty cycle)
- And soon to be worked on is ramp times for each gear to make it that much smoother transition for you large nitrous shot guys.

Now if you just want traditional 100% nitrous when you push the button or reach the set criteria with toggle switch on, no problem either, just set your duty cycle to 100% for every gear you want it in.

GEN2ECUNOS9.jpg

GEN2ECUNOS7.jpg

GEN2ECUNOS1.jpg

GEN2ECUNOS2.jpg

GEN2ECUNOS3.jpg

GEN2ECUNOS4.jpg

GEN2ECUNOS5.jpg

GEN2ECUNOS6.jpg

GEN2ECUNOS8.jpg

Back