Problem with resevoirs and lowering triple tree!!

first vr4

Registered
I just put the lowering triple tree on today but am having a problem with the resevoirs hitting the side of the windshield and upper dash when turning the handlebars. I've tried all diferent positions but still can't clear them. Are there low profile resevoirs available to compensate the thicker aftermarket upper clamp?
Anyone else have this problem?
Thanks,
Shawn

Yep, welcome to the lowered world.

You can upgrade to different reservoirs but they do not make them lowered.

Be prepared for the under tray hitting the fender and bottoming out.
all_coholic.gif

(heavybusa @ Oct. 04 2007,18:38) Yep, welcome to the lowered world.

You can upgrade to different reservoirs but they do not make them lowered.

Be prepared for the under tray hitting the fender and bottoming out.  
all_coholic.gif
This is normal? Damn
AAAssjani.gif
I'm gonna see what I can do with a grinder tomorrow. It looks like if I can get the resevoirs to be positioned more towards the center they moght clear.
I'll take pictures tomorrow!

when i put my top clamp on I had to take the the whole bar clamp and turn them up some and it cleared

No pics at work right now. But if you was sitting on the bike and just loosen the bolts holding the front master cyclinder, and clutch. You then just have to tilt them up so they're a little more up. If i'm not to tired when I get home I will take some pics, or tomorrow

(edubb1971 @ Oct. 04 2007,23:21) No pics at work right now. But if you was sitting on the bike and just loosen the bolts holding the front master cyclinder, and clutch. You then just have to tilt them up so they're a little more up. If i'm not to tired when I get home I will take some pics, or tomorrow
Graveyard shift huh! I worked those hours for 10 years and sorta liked it.

You definitely have to do some adjustments to get them to fit right. Took me a long time to do with mine and eventually got it, but then decided to go back to normal height.

Usually you have to tilt the levers towards "up" to get them to clear....my forks are through as much as you see here and mine clear the windscreen (barely)

P5070246.jpg

Back