Lowering issues with triple tree clamp (Pics Included)

metalli445

Registered
Hello,
I had my 02 hayabusa lowered by a cycle shop about two years ago. My handlebars were always close to hitting the windshield but didn't. I recently low sided the bike breaking off my right handlebar from the tree clamp. I order the same Yana Shiki CTS2 Triple chromed top tree clamp that I had on before and no matter how I've tried to position the handlebars either the grips or the clutch\brake reservoirs hit my windshield. I took a few pictures to show what is going on.

Right side
32003952.jpg

44a68d50.jpg

I'm afraid to keep pulling the handlebars further than whats pictures to clear the windowshield
956730f2.jpg

Left Side
9a597ae6.jpg

View attachment 1553674
View attachment 1553675

It looks like my old clamp positions the handlebars at a downward slope
View attachment 1553676
whereas my new clamp puts my handlebars at an incline.
View attachment 1553677

What do ya'll recommend I do? I spent $225 on this current triple tree clamp and I'm pretty sure it won't work for me.

A windsheild won't fix the problem, and it doesn't look like the fairing stay is bent enough(if any) to make enough difference to fix it either.
The bar mount angles are definately different between the old and new.
Do you have a stock top plate to compare the new one to?
I would return it.:beerchug:

Try a DB windscreen.

I'd like to get a different windscreen for cold weather riding. I was either thinking the ZG Touring screen or the MRA Vario Touring Screen.

A windsheild won't fix the problem, and it doesn't look like the fairing stay is bent enough(if any) to make enough difference to fix it either.
The bar mount angles are definately different between the old and new.
Do you have a stock top plate to compare the new one to?
I would return it.:beerchug:

I really think the problem is the angle of the triple tree. I have the same issue when turning the wheel left and right. If something was bent I'd think it would only happen on one side. I emailed the company and I'm hoping they can work with me.

Just to update this thread, the company accidentally sent me the wrong top clamp. I returned the clamp and they sent me a new one and everything fits the way it's supposed to. :thumbsup:

Back