Problem with gear selector

blacknight

Registered
08 Busa
15K miles

I'm experiencing a problem with my gear selector.
I'm in 1st and maybe around 4-5K RPM's and I see the selector blink from 2 to 1.
I've noticed it a few times and it's only when I'm in 1st. It doesnt do it in any other gear.
I was considering disconnecting the battery for a few minutes but wasnt sure....
Is there a simple solution to this???

Get this. When I pulled my stuff to get it powder coated my gear indicator started acting up. That was along time ago and probably 30K miles or so. I felt like I installed the shifter wrong. No , it was installed differently. I had to get use to shifting. Now I'm use to it. Once in a great while the bike will not indicate neutral when it's in neutral and I have seen what you described. I'm sure an expert will be along. In my case I feel sure I could adjust the shifter and clear my issue. Should have done it the day I messed it up :laugh:

I've had this happen to me also but doesn't have to be in first if I'm in second and running6- 8 k gear indicator will jump from 1st to 2nd to 3rd and back without shifting gears? Seems to a loose connection or something seems to be more problomatic at higher rpms???? any ideas???

Seems like this is has happened to a few people.
You're right tho. Seems to happen in the higher RPM range.
I hope someone chimes in with a solution/suggestion other than replacing the bike....
LOL

Back