Got a question about my used GEN2

drew.brantley

Registered
Finally found a great deal on a used 08 with barely 2000 miles on it. So far I love it but noticed something strange. The mode selector doesnt work. I can use the switch all I want nothing shows up on the gauges where the A,B,C is supposed to be and nothing changes in how the bike rides. It does have a PC3, R-22 full exhaust and supposedly a TRE (though the gears read 1-6 like they are supposed to). Would the PC3 stop the modes from changing? Can't find anything in a search.

You have to press and hold the mode selection buttons for a couple seconds

I'm not sure if the PC will cause anything, Im sure someone has some more insight on your issue.

Last edited:
The mode selector switch will go to "A" mode by default when you tutn the key on. To get it to show up on the display you need to hold the button in for a few seconds and it should show up. As far as the PC3 disableing the "mode", I dont know about that. I dont have the PC on mine(using ECU Editor) Just keep an eye on this thread and some1 will respond about that.

Just went out and tested it, when I turn the key on I see the a,b,c flash up during the test, but tried holding the button for several seconds both before then turning key on and after key was turned on and no modes showing up. I don't really care either way since Ill be in A all the time anyway, just want to make sure nothing is wrong.

He might have disabled it because you do not want to run the bike in B or C mode when it is tuned with PC. It changes the map.

Using SDS tool is able to deactative the driving mode selection. Just go back to any bike shop with that special tool and get it plug and on it back.

You need to switch the mode when the bike is turned on. Hold the button long enough till the "A" comes on. Then you can use the up/down to scroll through the choices.

Back