only 11 miles and already have problems!

Since it's still under warrenty let your dealership look at it. I know it's OK now but it may do it again. PEACE OF MIND IS WORTH ALOT!

Check the clutch lever pin. If it is not installed properly it will work until you grab the clutch a few times. Then it will have too much pressure to properly bleed back down and let the clutch engage. A day at the dealers, or five minutes with a 10mm and 8mm wrench. Your choice.

Welcome to the org.

seen the clutch lever push pin thing before.... It's among the few items the dealership setup people have to do... the lever isn't installed at the factory

This is why the dealer does not touch my bike
corner2.png

My recommendation.... ring dealer - get fixed - dont ride

Sitting on it in neutral revving at 6000 rpm and for it to jump in gear would be a pretty extreme ride dude
smile.gif

UPDATE!

Well it did it again. Talked to dealer and they said ride it on out here and we will look at it. I told them that when it got hot it wouldn't go anywhere but they insisted that I still ride it there to see if it was going to do it again. About 5 minutes from home it did it. I pulled over and gave them a ring. They sent the service manager to check it out and he verified it was a slipping clutch, and something was wrong. Anyways got it to the shop and the conclusion was there was air in the clutch line which was causing the clutch to slip. So after 20 miles on the bike I just got myself a new friggin clutch.

So its gonna be 80 degrees here Thursday, Friday and Saturday and my precious bike is out of commission till next week when the new clutch gets here. I told them for the inconvenience this has caused me I expect a discount on my Brock exhaust, PC and lowering kit I just ordered!!

There service manager and sales manager were pretty cool though. They said they would get it all sorted out. They apologized for all the troubles.

Mine did the same thing as soon as it would get hot. The dealer said the clutch plates needed adjusted. Had it done the same day
dunno.gif

who knows!! Kind of a rainstorm on my parade!! the way he explained it was the air was causing the clutch plates to not function properly and this led to the clutch damage.

who knows!! Kind of a rainstorm on my parade!! the way he explained it was the air was causing the clutch plates to not function properly and this led to the clutch damage.
Not sure how it ruined your clutch that quick. Mine didn't need replaced. But I'm not a mechanic, just played one on T.V. once
laugh.gif

well the good thing that came from it is that since i was unable to ride yesterday i worked some overtime at work and it was just enough to get my rear sets powdercoated!!!

Back