clutch issues, help!!!!!

Burna1

Registered
i have an 08 busa and it creeps forward in 1st gear. the lever goes all the way in which is different. is this a quick fix or something i need to take to the shop???

also had a problem starting this am, i jumped it and its fine now (new battery was installed 2 weeks ago)

Be a little more specific, it creeps forward when u have the clutch lever pulled in and in 1st gear? How many miles on it? If the battery is dying after being new and keeps doing it, probably the rectifier, there is a suzuki recall on them someone recently posted. Mine took a crap at about 2000 miles and the bike kept dying on me and wouldn't restart bc it was not being charged back up by the rectifier

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk

yeah it creeps forward with the cltuch in. neutral is fine it doesnt move at all. my bike has 7200 miles on it as of now............thanks for replying

Maybe the slave cylinder needs a rebuild kit type thing? I'de get it checked out as it's no fun rebuilding the clutch because it slipped for so long.???

Is there any mods done to the bike that would effect your clutch? Any new parts you've put on the bike? There's very knowledgeable people here, but you need to be more specific on parts and what it's doing

i noticed that my gen 1 started doing the same thing after i changed out the stock clutch to a barnett unit. bled the clutch, now it only does it when my lever adjuster is anywhere but all the way out.

its all stock, no new parts other than i put a pc5 and got it dynoed yesterday
192hp on pump gas :laugh:

im thinkin because it was 27 degrees here and i didnt let it warm up enough, any thoughts? maybe clutch discs sticking together? idk:dunno::dunno::dunno:

Is there any mods done to the bike that would effect your clutch? Any new parts you've put on the bike? There's very knowledgeable people here, but you need to be more specific on parts and what it's doing

+1, rectifier recall ; contact local dealer, and have you rebuilt the clutch or changed the front sprocket, etc. :poke:

its all stock, no new parts other than i put a pc5 and got it dynoed yesterday
192hp on pump gas :laugh:

im thinkin because it was 27 degrees here and i didnt let it warm up enough, any thoughts? maybe clutch discs sticking together? idk:dunno::dunno::dunno:

That dyno sounds a bit "happy" is that 192 hp at the rear wheel? or did the dyno guy use a little nitrous in the ramair duct.:whistle:

no seroiusly 192.10 hp with 119.05 torque, i was expecting 200! this my first busa so i dont know if its good or bad??? but i really need help with this cluthc issue

27 degrees isn't that cold, I ride year round and have never experienced this issue. If it warms up and goes away you would have your answer, and warm up is a good idea.

27 degrees isn't that cold, I ride year round and have never experienced this issue. If it warms up and goes away you would have your answer, and warm up is a good idea.

I ride year round as well, and 27 degrees is ball-shrinking cold! Love my Gerbings.

no seroiusly 192.10 hp with 119.05 torque, i was expecting 200! this my first busa so i dont know if its good or bad??? but i really need help with this cluthc issue

200 for a stock busa at the wheel would be quite incredible. truthfully 192 is pretty amazing for a stock machine. But have you tried playing with the adjustment knob on the lever? good luck man

You had some high expectations at 200hp. Sounds like someone needs there dyno re-calibrated if your bike with a pipe and a power commander is making 192whp.

ok fixed the problem, thanks everybody for your input

i flushed the clutch/brake fluid out becasue i took the cover off and the fluid was black. called the previous owner and he replaced clutch slave cylinder with a used one

also the heads were ported and polished by the previous owner, i guess thats why the hp is a bit higher, thanks again!:welcome:

maybe the clutch rod has residue or something on it and won't disengage all the way.... I ride my bike in 15 degree weather so the weather shouldn't have anything to do with rolling forward with cluth pulled in.

If the bike starts creeping with the clutch in again, I'd look at the clutch pack. It'll probably have some warped steels.

Basically making the height of the stack too tall to fully disengage. Also it will eventually cause slippage under power.

Back