Help Please Clutch issue??

specialk

Registered
I was driving down the highway at 80 mph and sixth gear went out, when I went to down shift I couldn't shift into second or first gear either. When sixth went out it sound like a weak shift. It is a K8 busa with 8400 miles. The clutch service bulletin was done once by the dealer and again by myself because the dealer did not use lock tight. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

ya warranty that if you can.

and if you can't, pull off the clutch cover and inspect it. if everything is fine in there, u may have to tear into the gear box.

just seen your in tulsa, if you need a shops help id talk to metric cycles. good peeps there.

what did it do when 6th went? did it pull in other gears, 3,4,5?

Last edited:
It hung up in sixth gear so I down shifted to fifth and it worked fine. When I went to pull over and stop I couldn't get past third. Everytime I tried to shift to second it just popped back to third. I didn't get an extended warranty because the dealerships around here aren't very trust worthy.

Sounds like you may not have gotten it fully engaged in 6th gear and when it popped out it may have damaged the dogs on the gear. I think, but I'm not sure that the dogs for 6th and 2nd engage into each other. You might also have a damaged shift fork, shift drum or bent a shift fork shaft. It's hard to imagine something this bad from one missed shift but.......??? if you can't free it up you may have to open it up. Could be some thing in the shift star too. I'd check out that side first before you pull the engine and tranny out.

It hung up in sixth gear so I down shifted to fifth and it worked fine. When I went to pull over and stop I couldn't get past third. Everytime I tried to shift to second it just popped back to third. I didn't get an extended warranty because the dealerships around here aren't very trust worthy.

sorry i couldnt help more. but i understand where your coming from on the stealerships up there. metric cycles are good people and have pretty good prices, as well as experience with busas and generally high hp bikes. heck may stop in there and tell thems whats going on, they could give some good advice i bet.

Open it up your not going anywhere like that anyhow inspect the dogs shift fork and drum before you take it check the shifter rod adjustment may be too tight back it off a little that will hang up the gears if its yanking on the fork

Back