price u paid for your turbo system

thepushercg

veni vidi vici
Donating Member
Registered
i have found a steal on a used system, leaning heavly towards taking it, what is the price everone has paid for theres?

what brand and size is it.
lurk.gif

Ha, watch yourself, I thought I found a steal once, turned out to be a terrible time! I ended up selling that system on e-bay, & getting a good one! Be careful !
beerchug.gif

$4200 rcc turbo stage 1

worth every penny and then some. no corners cut on this kit. lots of tech support too

the quality of a product far outlasts the initial sting of the price tag

sometimes you end up overpaying when trying to save a few dollars

What really sucks is if you buy just a Stage 1, your going to want more than just 240-250hp. When that happens, here comes the wallet. I mean even if you bought a Stage 2 with a lot of extras, in the end your going to spend more money elsewhere such as better clutch, better sprocket ratios, better cylinder studs, nuts, better headgasket, etc. Hell, you still need to get a tuning device, ie; powercommander. Now that you can haul ass, how are you going to stop.....oh oh...... here it comes, brake upgrades, suspension upgrades and so on.

I paid $2700 for a used Ghetto Stage 1 with a few extras including a full exhaust. I decided I'm going to want a few more HP on pump as well as on race fuel...$1000 intercooler with plenum and up pipe. Now we are at $3700. Larger injectors - S2000 injectors - $200 (typical online price), etc.........I think I got my point across. I've got about $5000 in go fast parts to support 330hp easily. I have about $1700 in stop fast parts and suspension parts. A lot of used parts and some new parts. Geez.....

Power costs......

I paid $3400 for a new Hahn stage 1 with full exhaust. I went to a dump pipe because it was to quite. No problems with the system.

Monte

what i consider a steal you might not, that is why i ask, to see what is a great deal.

I got very lucky, brand new in box rcc stage 1. $ 3400.00 ttd. the guy that bought it changed his mind do to new rules in his dragracing org.
birthday.gif
lol1.gif

Velocity all the way, great kit with all first class components. Spend a little more first for peace of mind, and reliability.

BOOSTED--  What did you spend?
Steve I built or I should say Velocity built a stage 2 with all the goodies engine, clutch, trany, turbo upgrade, water injection, suspension, VR arm, basically the works for me. $16,000. There basic stage 1 is I think is $4995.00..... 427HP AND 289TORQUE IS EXPENSIVE!!! But that first time I rolled into 22lbs of boost in 6th gear and my bike blew the tire off, it was worth every penny.
laugh.gif

BOOSTED--  What did you spend?
Steve I built or I should say Velocity built a stage 2 with all the goodies engine, clutch, trany, turbo upgrade, water injection, suspension, VR arm, basically the works for me. $16,000. There basic stage 1 is I think is $4995.00..... 427HP AND 289TORQUE IS EXPENSIVE!!! But that first time I rolled into 22lbs of boost in 6th gear and my bike blew the tire off, it was worth every penny.
laugh.gif
Yea, but you had to buy another tire, huh?
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I paid 4700 for a Velocity stage one with all options. Worth every penny just to hear it run. I love it.

Paid $2500 6 years ago for a hahn stage 1 used with HKS blowoff. Added a tial wastegate, S2000 injectors, and a spacer plate and made 344 hp / 230 ft*lbs.

Sold that a couple of years ago and spent about $8K for a stage 2 with Triple K, K27 with air to air intercooler, 650cc secondaries with microtec, tial 50mm BOV, tial 44mm wastegate, dump pipes and full pipe, billet fuel rail for plenum, Bosch 044 fuel pump, etc etc

3500 for a hahn stage 1 with full exhaust. a little over a year ago. has been workin great 5000 miles later.

Back