Chill Factory Turbo

Can you adjust the amount of boost on the C.F. system? Can you guess at the decibal level of the dump pipe? [/QUOTE]

1. Boost is adjustable.
2. Pretty freakin' loud. The loudness of a turbo busa w/dump is not permitted by many places as Harleys are?
rock.gif

For future upgrade capacity and lack of good industry standing yet, it would be most advisable steer away from the chill factory kit and go with a more developed manufacturer such as TMH or NLR.

You guys need to check with NL and see if their basekit is ready.  If it is it will be a very good unit.  If not THEMotorHEAD has a great kit. Crappy name but good kit.
Hey NE......how's their customer service and support??
I've heard a few times now, that it's not really great....any truth to that, that you know of??
Don't think so Bro, you have the added benifit of them being on the site, so they would be hounded by all of us if it was true.  Sometimes slow on getting info back, but never have heard problems with systems.  Good question to ask NLR though Phone numbers and Tech questions.

P.S. Have you tried to get a hold of all of the other suppliers. All the good ones can be bad at times with these systems. Velocity, TheMotorHead, and Hahn.

<!--EDIT|Ninja Eater
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086216819 -->

I just got home and can finally give you all some real input from the Chill Factory Turbo system.  I received a few e-mails asking, and I appologize for not getting back in time.  It's too late to send private posts, so I will tell all right here.  I own a 2003 40th anniversary edition Busa all stock except for Gafner steel lines in front, rear lowering links,and Power Commander IIIr.  The Chill Factory turbo takes about a week to install with the supplied dump pipe (which I highly reccomend).  The dump pipe is not that loud!  It growls lower and sharper and people know your coming, but not like a straight pipe from the engine- add an exhaust and you will lose considerable power and gain weight.  Chill Factory did something right in their design- You can visit this link:  http://p090.ezboard.com/fazbiketechfrm30 and see the notes on the install from Walter Sprout the guru of Dynos! at ECS Dyno in Mesa, AZ. He really is the best.  The intake and fuel rail are highly polished and the dump pipe is a beautiful slash-pipe.  Everything is show quality!
      Now for the important stuff:  Last dyno with stock engine, Power Commander IIIr, dump pipe, and of course the Chill Factory Turbo set at 7.5-8lbs.  Max Power- 288.7  Max torque-149. with 21 lbs of boost you could go over 400 RWHP easily (with stronger internals) Very smooth to ride, instant power (at about 2,500 rpm)-no lag.  The only problem was a clogged fuel pressure regulator which was caused by having a steel rod instead of a nylon rod installed in the regulator.  They fixed the problem immediately.  Customer service at Chill Factory is incredible!  They will walk you through any problem and answer any question. Very nice people! I highly reccomend for $3,800 (not including install and tune)
jump9.gif

AAAssjani.gif

21lbs of boost, I hope you are kidding... You will have a toasted motor if you go a little over 1/2 of that even with strong internals on their system. Some systems will get you 400hp with as little as 11lbs of boost. Not knocking the system, but it is not made for more. You will have plenty of fun with the system the way it is at 7.5lbs of boost and full gauges A/F F/P and pyros.

The quality on their fuel rail is very nice.  Their choice of using a internal gate for their turbo makes for pain down the road but looks pretty decent.

Pretty linear power response.  Was that using stock injectors?
Internals can be a pain. Depends on how much more you try to push out of the system.

The quality on their fuel rail is very nice.  Their choice of using a internal gate for their turbo makes for pain down the road but looks pretty decent.

Pretty linear power response.  Was that using stock injectors?
What "pain" does using an internal gate cause down the road and why? Is this only a problem if one decides to alter the origional system for more power later on?
Boost creep, and yes it is if you try to push more power out of the system.

Pushing more power you would need at least
Bigger Fuel pump
bigger injectors
Boost regulator
Then internals for the engine after about 310hp

I just got home and can finally give you all some real input from the Chill Factory Turbo system.  I received a few e-mails asking, and I appologize for not getting back in time.  It's too late to send private posts, so I will tell all right here.  I own a 2003 40th anniversary edition Busa all stock except for Gafner steel lines in front, rear lowering links,and Power Commander IIIr.  The Chill Factory turbo takes about a week to install with the supplied dump pipe (which I highly reccomend).  The dump pipe is not that loud!  It growls lower and sharper and people know your coming, but not like a straight pipe from the engine- add an exhaust and you will lose considerable power and gain weight.  Chill Factory did something right in their design- You can visit this link:  http://p090.ezboard.com/fazbiketechfrm30 and see the notes on the install from Walter Sprout the guru of Dynos! at ECS Dyno in Mesa, AZ. He really is the best.  The intake and fuel rail are highly polished and the dump pipe is a beautiful slash-pipe.  Everything is show quality!
      Now for the important stuff:  Last dyno with stock engine, Power Commander IIIr, dump pipe, and of course the Chill Factory Turbo set at 7.5-8lbs.  Max Power- 288.7  Max torque-149. with 21 lbs of boost you could go over 400 RWHP easily (with stronger internals) Very smooth to ride, instant power (at about 2,500 rpm)-no lag.  The only problem was a clogged fuel pressure regulator which was caused by having a steel rod instead of a nylon rod installed in the regulator.  They fixed the problem immediately.  Customer service at Chill Factory is incredible!  They will walk you through any problem and answer any question. Very nice people! I highly reccomend for $3,800 (not including install and tune)
jump9.gif

AAAssjani.gif

Can you adjust the amount of boost on the C.F. system? Can you guess at the decibal level of the dump pipe? A Yosh race pipe is rated at 101 decibals. How does it compare to this?

I run a dump pipe on mine a Yosh is louder depending on the dump pipe. I do not run mine out of the side at the engine, I run mine 30 " coming out the back. with a system of 250hp-260hp you can run through a can with out losing much power, you just need to make sure you run your pipes 2 1/2 in diameter not 2.

Thank you for the help N.E. . If a Yosh race pipe is louder I am just going to go with a dump pipe as that is my preference anyway. I want to get rid of the pipes alltogether as I like the look of it. I am pasting a link in here that was put on the end of the velocity turbo thread, could you take a look at it and give me your impressions.

http://p090.ezboard.com/fazbiketechfrm30.showMessage?topicID=1.topic

Got a couple more questions N.E. if you will indulge me
biggrin.gif

The way I am reading this the CF system is putting out 288.7 at 7.5 to 8 lbs of boost. So if I do not have any plans for wanting more than that and therefore don't want to change the stock system in any way, does this system look to be a good value? Will the internal gate be functional and reliable in a stock set up? Is there a blaring problem your seeing in this system in a stock condition? Do I need any guages, other than the included boost guage? If so what sort of cost am I looking at for them? You said you run your dump pipe out at a 30, will I be able to do the same thing or would I have to have the dump pipe altered? By 30 I am picturing your dump pipe pointing 30 up from straight down at the pavement. Is this right? If so does it interfere with cornering, speed bumps and what not? And being a newbie, could you give me a childs explanation of how one goes about adjusting the boost level. Do you turn a knob? Where is the knob?

Thanks for your help N.E.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086221610 -->

Got a reply from NLR and they are telling me their base kits will be ready in two weeks and will cost $5000 to $5500.

N.E. the question I have now is what exactly would you be getting in the NLR kit that would justify the additional $1200 to $1500? Are there upgrades here I am not seeing or is this just a name=price thing?
Why is that automotive kits are so much less expensive ?

Got a reply from NLR and they are telling me their base kits will be ready in two weeks and will cost $5000 to $5500.

N.E. the question I have now is what exactly would you be getting in the NLR kit that would justify the additional $1200 to $1500? Are there upgrades here I am not seeing or is this just a name=price thing?
Why is that automotive kits are so much less expensive ?
There are good affordable bike only companies out there.
Hahn.....TMH......Boost, to name a few.

You guys need to check with NL and see if their basekit is ready.  If it is it will be a very good unit.  If not THEMotorHEAD has a great kit. Crappy name but good kit.
I've heard a few times now, that it's not really great....any truth to that, that you know of??
Don't think so Bro, you have the added benifit of them being on the site, so they would be hounded by all of us if it was true.  Sometimes slow on getting info back, but never have heard problems with systems.  Good question to ask NLR though Phone numbers and Tech questions.

P.S. Have you tried to get a hold of all of the other suppliers.  All the good ones can be bad at times with these systems.  Velocity, TheMotorHead, and Hahn.
Nope.....haven't tried talking to everyone directly yet.
Just heard a few bad things, if not more about the others.
I'm going by what I've heard over the last year and a half, and what people have told me directly.....all I can do right now is research every aspect of every kit!!!
Dennis has been very helpful.....answers every question I have, and fast.
Really have heard nothing bad about the dude!!
Heard so many shipping/order way late, or never return call, or shorted parts in the kit++++ stories, that now I'm leary of the others.
Time will tell though NE......I respect your opinion, so I will keep watching the others.
Have a good one bro!!
Bill

Thank you for the help N.E. . If a Yosh race pipe is louder I am just going to go with a dump pipe as that is my preference anyway. I want to get rid of the pipes alltogether as I like the look of it. I am pasting a link in here that was put on the end of the velocity turbo thread, could you take a look at it and give me your impressions.

http://p090.ezboard.com/fazbiketechfrm30.showMessage?topicID=1.topic

Got a couple more questions N.E. if you will indulge me
biggrin.gif

The way I am reading this the CF system is putting out 288.7 at 7.5 to 8 lbs of boost. So if I do not have any plans for wanting more than that and therefore don't want to change the stock system in any way, does this system look to be a good value? Will the internal gate be functional and reliable in a stock set up? Is there a blaring problem your seeing in this system in a stock condition? Do I need any guages, other than the included boost guage? If so what sort of cost am I looking at for them? You said you run your dump pipe out at a 30, will I be able to do the same thing or would I have to have the dump pipe altered? By 30 I am picturing your dump pipe pointing 30 up from straight down at the pavement. Is this right? If so does it interfere with cornering, speed bumps and what not? And being a newbie, could you give me a childs explanation of how one goes about adjusting the boost level. Do you turn a knob? Where is the knob?

Thanks for your help N.E.
Careful though when I say loud I am refereing to my dump pipe. One that comes out the side by the engine will be louder. Plus check your local laws, some places will not put up with the dumps some will not bother at all.

P.S. Have you tried to get a hold of all of the other suppliers.  All the good ones can be bad at times with these systems.  Velocity, TheMotorHead, and Hahn.
I'm going by what I've heard over the last year and a half, and what people have told me directly.....all I can do right now is research every aspect of every kit!!!
Heard so many shipping/order way late, or never return call, or shorted parts in the kit++++ stories, that now I'm leary of the others.
Time will tell though NE......I respect your opinion, so I will keep watching the others.
Have a good one bro!!
Bill
I have know Dennis for years, and yes he is a good guy and he knows his stuff. Best thing is doing what you are research. I did tons before I did my first system and almost built my own usiing an aerocharger turbo and intercooler. AeroCharger went bust for a while.

Have a good one bro!!
Bill
I have know Dennis for years, and yes he is a good guy and he knows his stuff.  Best thing is doing what you are research.  I did tons before I did my first system and almost built my own usiing an aerocharger turbo and intercooler.  AeroCharger went bust for a while.
Actually thinking of doin it myself to NE......that's deffinately another option......I've welded once before, and I own 6 wrenches.
tounge.gif
tounge.gif

tounge.gif

Well....I have a Chill Factory Kit and I am in LOVE with it!

It put down 280ish at the wheel @ 10lbs.

As far as sound...of course it is going to seem loud with a dump...the opening is in front of you...not behind...like a normal pipe!

SF thanks for the input. I would love to hear some more about your rideability with the Chill Factory. Also, I am not concerned about what it sounds like to me, but more about what it sounds like to a cop by me. We have a noise ordinance where I live and it is either 101 or 104 decibals and I just don't want to be getting pulled over for a noise ticket.

SF thanks for the input. I would love to hear some more about your rideability with the Chill Factory. Also, I am not concerned about what it sounds like to me, but more about what it sounds like to a cop by me. We have a noise ordinance where I live and it is either 101 or 104 decibals and I just don't want to be getting pulled over for a noise ticket.
You would have to call the shop...ask for Mark
JDM PERFORMANCE
630-736-0360

And tell him Mark aka Outplayn sent ya!!

Well....I have a Chill Factory Kit and I am in LOVE with it!

It put down 280ish at the wheel @ 10lbs.

As far as sound...of course it is going to seem loud with a dump...the opening is in front of you...not behind...like a normal pipe!
That is why it is better to channel the dump pipe towards the back behind the rider.

Back