jdm turbo

busa2001

Registered
i am planing on installing a turbo kit on my bike, the two i am looking at are the chill factory turbo from jdm, and the hahns
system, i like the price but am not sure about durability or reliablityof either system which is the best system?

The Chill Factory has put down 270ish @ RW with 7lbs on 93octane....Plus with the Chill Factory...the price includes the install and the tuning!!!

<!--EDIT|STINK FINGER
Reason for Edit: None given...|1080001201 -->

The Chill Factory has put down 270ish @ RW with 7lbs on 93octane....Plus with the Chill Factory...the price includes the install and the tuning!!!
i talk to a guy over at jdm the price with installation would be 4800. and the use the stock fuel pump, they just drill a hole in it, i think for a return line, and those guys are always telling me something else when ever i call the only people i get stright answers from is hahns.so i think i will go with the hahns, mr turbo was taken of my list when i found out they use and electric pump for the turbo oil return.

What ever you go with get it tunned very carefully. If you go with a Hahn which is a reliable kit, or any other kits read everything in this site about gauges and precautions. Ask anything we will try to answer.

What ever you go with get it tunned very carefully.  If you go with a Hahn which is a reliable kit, or any other kits read everything in this site about gauges and precautions.  Ask anything we will try to answer.
thanks a lot, but what gages do i need and to monitor what fuel pressure, boost pressure, please let me know, i will be going with the hahns system. what is the best gauges to get to monitor the turbo bike.

Well...I guess I will add this...first off...I dont know how many people have the kit from JDM...so...have you talked to anyone that is driving one now? That would be my first place to look for answers...IN Defense of all the shops that do work on bikes...they all get CRAMMED with phone calls about everything under the sun..and are not very helpful or very nice....cause why? you ask...some people are not very patient..and can not understand...."I WILL CALL YOU BACK" or " I AM BUSY...Leave a message" or my FAVORITE...it just turned 75 today..can you get my bike done today? I talked to you in Dec...remember me?

Anyways...there are many things that you need to ask about any system you choose. But I would start with people that are using the system you are looking at!

And as far as both systems....MarK and Chris @ JDM along with Brian @ Win Racing are very nice guys but are both very busy....I think Brian is the one who would be tuning the Hahn kits..but I may be wrong.

What ever you go with get it tunned very carefully.  If you go with a Hahn which is a reliable kit, or any other kits read everything in this site about gauges and precautions.  Ask anything we will try to answer.
thanks a lot, but what gages do i need and to monitor what fuel pressure, boost pressure, please let me know, i will be going with the hahns system. what is the best gauges to get to monitor the turbo bike.
You want a good Boost gauge, placed where you can read it.

You also want a very good electronic with sender Fuel Pressure gauge.

Also a Air fuel gauge Mech or digital. halmeter is a good choice and also Autometer.

All of these are very importnat to monitor your system. A/P & F/P actually work to back up each other once you know what you are looking at. This way you know when they are working well.

i was checking out the velocity racing system it has everything i'm looking for.. i think that's the one i'm going with..

Did you figure out what kit you are going to buy...or are you still not sure?
JDM LOOKS GOOD AND THEY ARE CLOSE TO ME, BUT I LIKE THE VELOCITY STAGE 11 KIT....AND THE VELOCITY HAS BEEN AROUND FOR A WHILE........
busa2001,

As you are looking contact and talk to NLR (banner on site) They have a several kits including a basic kit coming out. they have been around a long time and worth looking at. Workmanship is great.

Just got my 2003 40th anniversary edition Busa fitted with the JDM Chill Factory Turbo. It was installed by ECS Dyno in Mesa, AZ (Walter Sprout-Great guy. Knows his S#$!). It equiped with a dump pipe and power commander. The final dyno readings were 286.8 RWHP and 162 lbs of torque at 7.5-8 lbs of boost on 91 crap gas. For the price I paid, this power is unreal! I love it. Now I'm gonna have to get a larger rear steel sprocket to get quicker launches (like I need it). If anyone has any questions about the setup or installation, let me know. I'll be posting pics soon.
Cheers- G
biggrin.gif

Back