Prayers Needed for 5 Year old

Thanks again everyone i myself have a 2 and 1 year old so i know if something like this would happen to myself i would lose it for sure i dont know how Chris is doing it and i will post up as soon as i hear something Thanks again everyone for the thoughts and prayers

update on Ava

Also to add to this email, I talked again in length with Chris last night and he did say that they have taken most of the machines off of Ava and they have been working her arms and legs to help reroute her brain cells to help bring back her motor skills and he said the therapist said she was happy with the outcome so far. Chris and Chanda also were allowed to bathe Ava and said it brought a smile to her face. He also said that in 24 hours there was no sign of seizures which was great news. Chris feels that as small as it sounds, she is going in the right direction. NO strokes since Sunday night as well. We have to keep up our prayers since I think in my heart that it is all that is helping her at this point. Chris did seem very relieved at the small progress. He said he would him self call me later today if any more changes occur. He did say to Thank all of you for your prayers and well wishes. He was very grateful for all of your concerns and prayers and offer of any help, it meant alot to him. Love, Jo Aunt Jo and mom

Good news for Ava and her family; she's still in my thoughts...

...thanks for the update :)

When prayers go up, blessings come down. You're in our family's prayers. Godspeed.

Another Update on AVA
Just an update on Dar's granddaughter.

She has Mitochondrial Disease.
Mitochondria are tiny structures that exist in every cell of our body and they produce the energy that our body needs to function. In a person with mitochondrial disease, the mitochondria canʼt convert food and oxygen into the energy that the cellʼs need to survive. Therefore, the cells die. It is inherited and there is a 25% chance that her 3 yr old sister may develop it as well. The disease can strike at any time and affect the heart, brain, lungs, kidney, liver and other major organs. There is no cure for this disease.

In Avaʼs case, it affected her heart and brain at the same time. It left her with stroke like symptoms initially, paralyzed on her right side. But she somehow recovered within 24 hrs and was sitting up in bed smiling and laughing. Within one day, the disease returned and left her paralyzed on her left side, unable to talk, and with severe heart disease. At present she is in the rehab area of the hospital and the family is taking it day by day.

They have a web site dedicated to her as well as a blog updating her status.

Ava Tracy

Wow...so incredibly tough to hear that news about Ava :(

I hope she shows improvement with each passing day, though I can see why it will be a day-to-day process. I hope Ava's sister is spared this disease :(

Prayers for Ava and her family...

Bad News About Ava will update when i get to my home computer were the email sits the family can use prayers and thoughts

i have a 6 yr old step daughter who rules my world, i cant and dont even want to imagine how this could effect my family........ god bless her and her family

Back