Power comman

So Jinkster...I live in central florida...whos "THE" Dyno man and shop to go to??
sorry....i'm not familiar with the central florida shops.
Well I kinda ment I'm in florida (and willing to travel) and none in central florida command my confidence or even have a dyno that I know of. I know where port st lucie is (kinda far though)...I'd travel a bit for a good recommendation.
I have this friend...."Dyno-Mike"...haven't seem'im in a while but I'll give'im a shout as I've been want'in to strap my busa down and even member Dakkine asked me to notify him when I go as...I can probably get the three of us a huge discount as well...if you like?..I'll see about arranging an appointment in a couple weeks as Dakkine is headed for the bash shortly.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

<span style='font-size:17pt;line-height:100%'>OK SO CAN I HAVE YOUR PCIII? Im in need of one for an 01</span>

JD

i hate reading shid like this..cause it makes me feel compelled to help out by sharing what i know..and that's a lot of typing on my end.
laugh.gif

so...please god...it's late...let me be short, clear and concise here..

Peak RWHP is a very small part of a real big picture...dynograph snapshots of single gear pulls at "wot position only" just to eval peak #'s ain't shid for tuning...and as stock?..the busa is already rich up top so the addition of a full exhaust actually balances out wot redline..so many who look exclusively at peak #'s/wot "ONLY" will always be sorely disappointed at what they see of the addition of a pc as every map I've seen so far for a full exhaust busa is typically left "Zero'ed Out" up towards the top revs at wot.

What the properly mapped/tuned pc does do is "Adresses Across The Board AF Tuning"....which results in crisp throttle response (sans any surging) and ultra smooth power delivery from ALL and ANY part throttle positions throughout the entire rev range...increasing "Drive-Ability" annnnd...DECREASING..."Elapsed Acceleration Times"..when properly mapped and tuned.

In short?...PC's don't make the power...they simply REFINE THE QUALITY AND DELIVERY of the power made....which does in fact increase performance if one looks at and compares the "Elapsed Acceleration Times" (contained right tyhere in the dynojet software package)....just ask your dyno man...and if he's worth his salt?..he'll know what your talking about and happily show you with a few mouse clicks...if he's not?...he'll deny any knowledge that such software exists in his "package".

PCIII Custom Maps: are developed in every 250rpm increment by "Throttle Snapping" from all columns of "Throttle Percentage" and reviewing the associated AF ratio results and making the appropriate adjustment to each and every individual cell based on all those AF results.

A Yosh Box Tuned ECU can be "custom mapped over" by a PC however...a Yosh Box Tuned ECU must be brought back to oem spec in order for one to use most (if not all) publically available existing maps..and yosh boxs are only capable of addressing a small fraction of what a PCIII tunes in as the PC is a far more comprehensive method of tuning than is yosh..if?..you look at "Across The Board" rather than just peak #'s.

I rode my busa with a full race akra for 2-3 weeks before installing a PCIIIUSB w/ Ivans Map...and it did rip up top with just the pipe but...the PC was more than worth every penny paid as it brought the other 9/10ths of my rev range/throttle postion/response too "Spot-On"....and that 9/10ths area I speak of?..that the part "I" use most...and that last tenth?...well?...I don't use that all that much and is best left for braggarts at the dyno...and as far as I'm concerned?..they can have it!
laugh.gif

But the properly mapped and tuned PC is worth it's weight in road..and I wouldn't have a piped busa without one.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
great write up...good info there.

laugh.gif

So Jinkster...I live in central florida...whos "THE" Dyno man and shop to go to??
Well I kinda ment I'm in florida (and willing to travel) and none in central florida command my confidence or even have a dyno that I know of. I know where port st lucie is (kinda far though)...I'd travel a bit for a good recommendation.
I have this friend...."Dyno-Mike"...haven't seem'im in a while but I'll give'im a shout as I've been want'in to strap my busa down and even member Dakkine asked me to notify him when I go as...I can probably get the three of us a huge discount as well...if you like?..I'll see about arranging an appointment in a couple weeks as Dakkine is headed for the bash shortly.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I'm in Central Florida too and would love to find a good tuner and would like to come as well if the time is right.
B

good lick i have only had good luck with the pc really smoothes out the ride

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif
I'm in Central Florida too and would love to find a good tuner and would like to come as well if the time is right.
B
Okay Bruiserman...I'll make a point of getting in touch with dynomike this weekend and see about setting something up...maybe like the 3rd or 4th weekend of "May"...and if ya like you can roll down to port saint lucie ('bout 1 1/2-2 hrs busa time) on a saturday morning...then we'll spend the bulk of sat. dyno tuning custom maps and then if ya like you can spend the night here and then you, me, and maybe Dakkine2 and Ride_Or_Fish and a few others will head out for a sunday ride...we'll head NW out to the good roads and the psuedo track (point six) in sebring/avon park area...which would get you about 1/2 way (or more) back home...if you like...and..

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

cool.gif

Back