Dyno tune questions...

rc51busa

Registered
So I bought a stock 06 Busa a few months back, and for performance mods I added a two brothers juice box, k&n air filter, and yoshi tri oval slip ons.
I had my bike dyno tuned and the stock HP was 144, and after the tune 146. Does this sound right? Seems low, but I'm not sure. The bike has 9k miles....

I guess I should add, it was around 98 degrees outside, and I live in Colorado, really high altitude.. I haven't picked up the bike yet, I just asked for the numbers when the dealer called and said it was ready. I know there are a lot of different factors with the tuning, but these numbers seem way off...

dang, your DYNO numbers after mods are lower than published figures for a bone stock Gen I. hopefully others with more technical savvy than me will chime in soon.

Altitude will affect #s. The dyno guys will be along to let you know how much.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

No technical savy here. My 03 with a full Yoshimura system and Power Commander pulled 146. I just may have spent alot of money on some mods that may not be worth it! I do like the sound and looks of the exhaust though. Should also add that after seeing the 146, had a 1397 built to help out the numbers a bit!!!

Altitude will affect #s. The dyno guys will be along to let you know how much.

From my dunce stool :cookoo:

+1, and slipons make little if any power.
As long as the bike feels smoother throughout the rpm range(and A/F looks good), then 146 is just a number.

Yeah, I guess that's the whole point is it being smoother throughout... I'll pick her up tomorrow and see if the 290 I spent on the tune was worth it.. thanks for the replies.. Looking foward to the heli bars, hope they make an improvement

dyno numbers are not exact:

1. Your results will vary a great deal depending on what kind of dyno you use. For example, mustang dynos will give lower numbers than a dynojet.

2. Even if you compare two dynojet results, the machines may not be calibrated properly. Even if they are calibrated, humidity, air temp, elevation, etc. all can result in variations in the numbers.

Don't get wrapped up in the number the dyno machine gave you. It's really only useful for before/after runs to compare your bike on the same machine, or for dyno tuning. The rest is just to show off, and you can skew the results if that's your game.

One thing you can look at, is where the power is, and how smooth the delivery is. Here's my 2005 after dyno tuning. It has a full ak exhaust and PC3:

hayabusa-dyno2.gif

So I bought a stock 06 Busa a few months back, and for performance mods I added a two brothers juice box, k&n air filter, and yoshi tri oval slip ons.
I had my bike dyno tuned and the stock HP was 144, and after the tune 146. Does this sound right? Seems low, but I'm not sure. The bike has 9k miles....
On another dyno your bike may make 156........its not the dyno number thats important, its the GAIN from improvements. I would expect a couple more hp from the slips, but thats still not a bad gain for just slip-ons. Most shops are used to tuning with a dynojet power commander. For a shop the juice box could be a pain, and pretty tedious to use. With a power commander they just plug in the tuning link and the computer does the majority of the tuning. The juice box would require lots of fiddling with the buttons and playing with all the settings..........I kinda doubt you got the best possible tune with it. I imagine you would have got several more hp with a power commander.
You prolly coulda used 2-Brothers recommended settings and got the same gain.

I got a good explanation from them, and also your replies.. thanks.. here's the dyno sheet.. 146.59 to 148.80, it's hard to read

009.jpg

Back