Powdercoating

sixpack577

Top Gun
Donating Member
Registered
I have an 08, black/grey. Part of my long term goal is to get black rearsets and powdercoat the passenger pegs black also.
I have no cash at the moment but have been wondering for some time about powdercoating part of the exhaust black too.
It's an R-77 full system with the carbon muffler, I just wanted the pipe attached to the mufffler to be black, not gonna fool with the header.
Any advice as to whether or not the powdercoating would adhere well to that finish, and if so, will it hold up long term and not burn off?

CeraKote is a product already well known in the firearms world.
Many a 1911 has CeraKote on them. I have heard it is super durable.

For all your powder/ceramic needs, these guys rock. Motorcycle/car people. They do ALL my powder and ceramic for my racecars and everything else.
VERY reasonable and friendly guys.

Q.C. COATINGS

I have done this exact mod. I had a Yosh exhaust and CERAMIC coated the down pipes and it looked AWESOME. I also powdercoated the rearsets and frontsets too. They used regular powdercoat for those. I may have a pic:

Left Side.jpg

That's it, looks really good. How much does the ceramic coating run? There are a couple powdercoating shops here, but I've never asked about ceramic.

Illuminati, I saw a speck of dust on the windshield..waz up wit dat:laugh: By the way you aren't into black are you:whistle: Beautiful bike...2hip

I agree with 2hip.
Why do I still see gold on the front forks ? You run out of BLACK...:poke:
and you have to take that white sticker off the swingarm..

Beautiful bike.
I have white and have tried to go all black on the bottom of it but yours looks timeless.

Back