Powdercoat frame part 2

IF your frame is polished before the powder coating does it make any difference in how the outcome is?

Does it make it "glossy" or just covers it up?  why doesnt anyone do shiny powdercoating or EGG Shell finish?

thanks
JD
Doesn't matter if it is polished or not. I am starting up my powder cating business when i get back from the desert. Think of powder coating as an easier and better way to paint. It is stronger and you can get any color you want and is cheaper. I can give it the real glossy look by adding a coat or two of clear powder (kinda weird sounding but yes they make clear) It also gives the final outcome to have a bunch of depth depending how thick you spray.

Not to plug myself but you guys with have priority on stuff you want powdercoated and 15% off....Look forward to it.

John

IF your frame is polished before the powder coating does it make any difference in how the outcome is?

Does it make it "glossy" or just covers it up?  why doesnt anyone do shiny powdercoating or EGG Shell finish?

thanks
JD
Polishing shouldnt make any difference .. the powdercoat is pretty thick .. all they did was degrease and sandblast the frame.  The rough part of the frame was covered up and the finish is the same as the smooth part after the coat.
Imagestation.com closed, link removed
Alot of times when a person has a polished frame and due to constant maintence they get tired of it and go powdercoat it and the finished job is the same as if it wasnt polished.

There was three types of Black.
Mat Black (spelling?)  , Lava Black, and Gloss Black

Mat would be completely flat no gloss.
Lava (name given by business owner) is in between mat and Gloss. not as shiny as gloss but not dull like Mat.
Gloss like Black paint with clear only wayyyyy more durable.

And here is the rest of the pics.

This is a upclose shot of the rear set.. i didnt take out the bushings .. and they handled the heat just fine.

JD if you look behind my frame you can see a bike rim.. that was the gloss black.. i seen it in person and looks super smooth like black paint with clearcoat .. really sharp.

Dayuuum, lookin' good. I wish
smile.gif

Very Cool, Get some good "Bright Sunlight" pics when you get it all done.

I would love to see a Blue and Silver owner Powder their frame Blue... Would look cool.

Looks good so far!

I'm still trying to decide weather to paint or powderccoat my frame. Not sure if I'm up to pulling my motor out.

What's the cost of having the powdercoating done? Very cool; excellent work.

--Wag--

Looks like we are in the same boat.....Just finished stripping my parts. Did you do your own parts?

I took out my bushings.

IMG_2588_0.JPG

<!--EDIT|rpm9001
Reason for Edit: None given...|1133574227 -->

808,Looking good,I know we had talked about wheels and I found a few sets of Stage 2 Carrozzeria wheels in a buddies shop today that he might be letting go of and one set is black anodized.I am gonna get a couple sets and see if i can convert them to work on the busa but will have to run brembo style rotors to make them work,i'm gonna see what all has to be done ,then i will be posting the 4 sets for sale.I will keep you posted they would look Badass on your bike with the black and silver.

They would look like this but anodized black:

dc_3.jpg

b0_3.jpg

Back