for those who wonder about bike design sliders

(rockadaous @ Mar. 14 2007,22:16) where did u pick the sliders up from.  I like the no cut option.
You won't be able to do the fairing screens mod with these...just an FYI.

I've READ that they won't hold up as well as sliders bolted into the engine mount in a moving crash.

Thanks for the info.This the 2nd good report I've seen on the no cuts.Thats what mine will get.Have to get with Charles at SnT.

(ABP @ Mar. 14 2007,16:23) Alot of times some fool will come and sit on your bike. If you have the forks locked (as I always do) the will go to stand it up and straightin the bars. When the novice goes to push the locked bars farther to the right he loses the balance of the bike and walks away.
That's why we have the alarms with the motion, and perimeter sensors so the bike starts screaming at the dingaling before he gets his butt in the saddle....."HELLLLOOOOOO
rock.gif
??".  
poke.gif

Sorry about damage bro'.....
super.gif

Sorry to hear 'bout your tip-over. The first "ding" on a new bike, car, boat, etc is the most painful. I got the same sliders (from Street'n track) and always wondered how well they would protect. Sorry to hear 'bout your bike, but glad to see the sliders work!

(Over_Easy @ Mar. 15 2007,21:00) You won't be able to do the fairing screens mod with these...just an FYI.
Oh yes you can........ It is just not quite as easy.

(sumo @ Mar. 14 2007,16:22) short story, i came out of work one day and found my bike on the right side.  going through insurance and awaiting aprasial.  Anywho, for those who wondered about the quality of Bike Design frame sliders, (the ones that have a bar running from one slider, to the other slider)  Ive checked out the sliders and even the bar that connects the two.  I am very pleased to report that they did not bend.  The damage could of been way worse than that.  i snapped some pics of the minimal damage that occured.

Imagestation.com closed, link removed
top of right farring

right mirror

lower right farring in front of case cover

slider puck.

right side of the bike.

other damage that i didnt take a pic of were a a scuff on the brake lever and a scuff on the flange of the right can. hardly noticable unless your up close.
I don't know how much protection the sliders provided. I dropped mine on the right side last year. I don't have sliders and the damage in your pictures looks almost identical to the damage on mine.

Very interesting to note that it seems like everytime someone brings uo these  no cut sliders there is a barrage of naysayers that claim they will fail.  YET, not one of the naysayers can prove their point or support their positions with ANY evidence of failures. YET, this is now the third time that I am aware of that they have worked just fine.  Just my humble opinion......
beerchug.gif
wink.gif

(mobusa @ Mar. 16 2007,09:48) Very interesting to note that it seems like everytime someone brings uo these  no cut sliders there is a barrage of naysayers that claim they will fail.  YET, not one of the naysayers can prove their point or support their positions with ANY evidence of failures. YET, this is now the third time that I am aware of that they have worked just fine.  Just my humble opinion......
beerchug.gif
wink.gif
My opinion
wink.gif
, they ALL work at LOW Speed and All will probably bend the frame or do other damage in a crash at speed. That's why the sliders on racing bikes are UNDER the fairing  where it PROTECTS the frame. You just trash the fairing.

Me, if I need a new fairing, I'll just have to suck it up and buy one. Because I figure if my bike goes down, it will be at speed and I don't want a slider tearing up and flipping the bike because of catching something on the ground.

In the End, YOU pays your money, OR takes your Chances  
beerchug.gif

wink.gif

beerchug.gif

ive seen busas that fell over on the right side and i dont think theres any way the damage could be similar. Without the slider there the farring would of been completly all rashed up or cracked, well into the upper, very well possibly break the foot pegs and levers. this is just what i saw just working at a bike shop. Maybe depending on what insurace says i may just gently lay the bike on the right side, resting on top of the slider and maybe without. maybe people can get a real good perspective on how much damage there could be or not.

Back