for those who wonder about bike design sliders

sumo

Registered
short story, i came out of work one day and found my bike on the right side. going through insurance and awaiting aprasial. Anywho, for those who wondered about the quality of Bike Design frame sliders, (the ones that have a bar running from one slider, to the other slider) Ive checked out the sliders and even the bar that connects the two. I am very pleased to report that they did not bend. The damage could of been way worse than that. i snapped some pics of the minimal damage that occured.

Imagestation.com closed, link removed
top of right farring

right mirror

lower right farring in front of case cover

slider puck.

right side of the bike.

other damage that i didnt take a pic of were a a scuff on the brake lever and a scuff on the flange of the right can. hardly noticable unless your up close.

Glad to hear it wasn't worse... what do you think happened?

Glad it was not worse.

I had sliders on mine when I disagreed with a curb. If it wasnt for the curb grinding on the lower half before I fell down it would not have been too bad either.

Sliders do serve a purpose and help in low mph or fall overs.

it was in a parking spot as were if you were to pull into where i parked your hit the left side of the bike. Maybe someone though it was a spot and pulled into it, not realizing that it was already occupied.....tapped it and over it went, and then they moved to some other spot and didnt bother telling anyone. that be the worst case scenario. But then again, there is no damage on the left side what so ever. So wind would be my second guess?

Probably a co-worker with a Harley.
guns.gif

Had a similar fall last year but it did less damage.

My car drove through my garage door (thanks to brakes giving out) and pushed the bike right over off the kickstand. Luckily my 50cc broke the fall. The 50 is fine though and I only scratched the stator cover and bar end.

Moral of the story, park your 50 next to the Busa to break the fall at ALL times.

Good to jknow. Sionce reading that, I parked my 250 trials bikes on either side of my busa. now I have 10 times the protection that a single 50 cc would offer - i should be safe from anything!

those are like the ones I used to have

Alot of times some fool will come and sit on your bike. If you have the forks locked (as I always do) the will go to stand it up and straightin the bars. When the novice goes to push the locked bars farther to the right he loses the balance of the bike and walks away.

That sux. Not completely cause yes damage could have been worse. But still to find your bike down. I would want revenge.

(DaCol. @ Mar. 14 2007,16:40) BUT, the real question is:::::::::::::: Have You Done the Kick Stand MOD
rock.gif

SHOCKED.gif
Fell over on the right side. The kick stand mod would not have helped in his case.

(ABP @ Mar. 14 2007,17:08)
(DaCol. @ Mar. 14 2007,16:40) BUT, the real question is:::::::::::::: Have You Done the Kick Stand MOD
rock.gif

SHOCKED.gif
Fell over on the right side. The kick stand mod would not have helped in his case.
There's no way it could have fallen on the right side without help. And unless you had a tornado, wind is NOT the answer. The Busa, weighs way toooooo  much for a wind to do anything. I know, Oklahoma has normal winds here where I live at 20 to 30 mph everyday during the summer
beerchug.gif

kickstand mod? lolz i bought the bike from the shop i used to work at. Funny part is even before it was in my name, i had it on my lift preforming the kick stand mod. But the real Moral of the story is insurance. Fully covered with 100 deductible.. I have no doubt ill get compensated, but ill kep my fingers crossed. State Farms has always been good to me.

Back