Powder coating  pegs ...vic is the man..

The high heat won't hurt the rubber, or do you press it out and back in after it's coated?
390F won`t hirt the rubber in 15 minutes...
Tested many times...
Bushind can be pressed out if desired... I don`t see a point..
Even pegs rubber can hold that temp for 30 minutes.

I can powdercoat some plastics too. I powdered my TL clutch cover. I believe it is nylon.... ABS plastic can not withstand that temp more then 6-8 minutes....

Guys who got their parts powdered for free..

Remember one of the terms of free coating was donation to the site? That if you like it you will donate to the site some money. whatevet it is... $5, $10,$20, $50..... Anything...
Nobody pushing you, it`s just time when Cap need our financial support..
I`m so broke with all those projects, I can`t donate nothing..
Please keep as afloat...

Remember one of the terms of free coating was donation to the site? That if you like it you will donate to the site some money. whatevet it is... $5, $10,$20, $50..... Anything...
Please keep as afloat...
Vic, That is so cool of you to support the site like you do. I hope we are able to keep the same great site we have all got used to!

type.gif

Please keep as afloat...
Vic, That is so cool of you to support the site like you do. I hope we are able to keep the same great site we have all got used to!

type.gif
Thank You!

Good On Ya Vic, Nice work. Been thinking about getting that done myself for what... about 3 years now...
laugh.gif
I really should do it... Love the look.

How do you remove the dial adjusters from the hand levers to powder coat. I have a new 05 LE in ND and have access to someone that can do the powder coating here for little or nothing. I want the levers done as well, but not sure how to prepare the levers for the powder coating.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!

How do you remove the dial adjusters from the hand levers to powder coat. I have a new 05 LE in ND and have access to someone that can do the powder coating here for little or nothing. I want the levers done as well, but not sure how to prepare the levers for the powder coating.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks!
high temp masking tape... easy
smile.gif

Thanks for the info Vic_E55_2001 .

What should it cost to do the parts? I am trying to get an idea since I am asking a local place to do it for me. Should I expect $100, $500?

Thanks,
Raybusa

<!--EDIT|raybusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143079359 -->

It has been a while since I did all that powdercoating for you guys...

Now I`d really apreciate some feedback how it`s works after few month of use.
Please be honest...
if it`s scratching easy?
if it`s fading on the sun?
Now easy to clean textured powder...

Any recommendation/wishes...

That works well, but i had to sand blast my brake rotors and cush drive to clean it up. Nice work.

have you tried to polish and use a transparent color with 90+ gloss.

Looks great but it needed a couple of coats.

Back