Gen 2 Rear Passenger Peg Brackets Powder Coated?

Taribare

Registered
Does anyone know if the rear brackets on the Gen 2 that have the passenger pegs are just painted silver or are they powder coated? I saw some shinny black ones on here and I was hoping they are painted silver, would be way easier to get paint off so I can get them powder coated. Thank You :)

I cut the hooks off of mine before I had them powdercoated black.
Bandsaw and sandpaper smoothed, never even knew they were there after.
Just if you prefer the look.

I really wanted to do that, but I use the hooks to tie down my saddle bags on the rare occasions that I have them on the bike.

Do we need to still glass bead them? We knocked off the casting seam already, might do the rear brake carrier black too..

New
Oh, do you have a pic without hooks? Did you leave left pipe hanger mount?

Do we need to still glass bead them? We knocked off the casting seam already, might do the rear brake carrier black too..

New
Oh, do you have a pic without hooks? Did you leave left pipe hanger mount?

I left the muffler hanger holes(had full dual Akropvic)
I'll look for pics, gimee a few to find them

I can't find the up close pics, I'll keep looking.
This is the only old pic I can find with the passenger peg folded down where you can see the hook is gone.

SDC11343.JPG

Nice clean look. Everyone's ideas look great. Darn it, now you all gave me lot's to think about now. I think I need to Photoshop it to try everyone's ideas and see what flows with my look .

Usually original black and silver 1999, but at the moment On Bike Stands Blue lol Will post a few pics when it's back on the road. Roads still sandy salty and crappy here anyway Lot's to do, finishing the Gen 2 tail, carbon wrapping frame, waiting for Magic Carbon Covers.. sheesh alot to do

I cut the left peg's bracket off too and sanded smooth before powdercoating it....makes it look way nicer. Other side was left to hold the GSXR1K muffler. I wasn't charged any extra for prep either. Don't have any close ups, but do have these.

IMG_3015.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_8421.jpg

I think i asked before who powder coated your stuff, wanna do this over the winter.

Yep, lol. It's a local place to me and called Lake Area Maintenance in Lake Charles, LA. I know you can ship stuff to them to do. Call up there and ask for Scott

Back