Taking the plunge, powder coating my wheels..

CAT3

Donating Member
Registered
Well, swung by my buddies house to check progress of the painting. What has already been painted, tank, fender, and nose, looked pretty nice already and he hasn't even finished coating it, wet sanding or rubbing it out yet. But, work changed his schedule so he has to work on it during the w/e rather than the days. Since its going to be down this w/e, I figure I might as well go ahead and powder coat my wheels, engine covers and a couple other small items here n there. I did the passenger rearsets last w/e and they look sweet.
I'll be coating the wheels in the lime green I used on the lowering top clamp, covers too. Once the wheels are done, I'll be installing 90* bolt-in valvestems (stem facing to the right for easy checking/filling on sidestand) and a new set of Pilot 2CT's front and rear. I wanted to hold out for the 190/55 but since its not being released until next month, gives me a chance to wear this new tire out
smile.gif
Of course I will post pics along the way. I think the cushdrive cover/hub will be done in gloss black....wheels green, hub black and sprocket green...a nice offset.

Sounds good, I'm telling you if you polish those parts and use a transparent lime you will love it!!!

Speaking of polishing Heavy... Anyone smooth the center section of the wheel out so its not a rough surface? If so, I'm accepting tips on best method to use. I'd rather have it all smoothed out before coating, but if not, oh well.

Maybe we'll start calling you the Riddler, or the Green Lantern...
tounge.gif

Can't wait to see the pics.

(Over_Easy @ Jan. 10 2007,19:48) Maybe we'll start calling you the Riddler, or the Green Lantern...
tounge.gif

Can't wait to see the pics.
Well, with the Green Lantern decal kit on the bike, I'd hope it wont be Riddler
smile.gif
Of course, I'll have to wait a couple days before applying the decals to the fresh paint, but I'll manage.

(dadofthree @ Jan. 10 2007,19:43) What kind of deal are you getting on the tires ? Where ?
I think it was Sportbikeracegear or something, anyway, they had a sale going, $260 for the set. I printed it out and took it to the local Yamaha (sons bike) and Honda dealer who basically matched with labor incl.

Back