possible 2nd gear issue

It's actually not that bad of a job, and actually quite a good learning experience. Have a good look at the shop manual (found many places to be downloaded) and have a look at it. It's just the cases being split and not the whole works (pistons, cams, valves). After the motor was dropped out of mine, it took a half hour to expose the trans, and about a half hour to button up the cases. Just follow the manual and you should be good to go. While the trans is out, might as well beef it up. Then you're good to go for lots of horsepower later.... :laugh:

i am kinda undecided.. i look at the gen 2 and say wow!!

walk in my garage and see my 2006 limited and say "" man thats sexy!!""

im trying to get a mech that can do this work and be clean about it.. i would give it a shot , but just too much that can go wrong...

shout out to anyone in montreal (qc) area that can do it or knows a top mech to do the job..:peace:

Sounds like second gear. I can see me now, 1st 3rd 4th 5th 6th :poke:

I did that for a while after my '03 started doing it around '07,shortly after decided to go the turbo route so rather than fool with the trans. problem just did an exchange with Carolina Cycles(back cut gears,new shafts,shift forks,etc.)and no more issues.

Back