• No, I hate it..

Votes: 5 8.2%
  • It's okay, and it pays the bills...

Votes: 29 47.5%

• Total voters

GsxrBots

Motorboatin' Moonpies, Gangnam Style
Registered
Just a quick poll. I'm going to be having some time to myself for the next few months, thought I'd really think about my career...

Not sure yet :)

I recently moved into a new role at my employer. So far I like it but I am still being trained so will get back to ya :)

I wouldn't say I love it or it pays the bills but the benifits are great . I can retire after only 10 years with flight bennies for life . Horizon airlines !

catia v5 programmer, sometimes its ok, most of the time its crap. but the cash is good.

I love my job. Still have good days and bad days and find myself working 60 hours a week. The boss is a slave driver (me). I try and make the best of it and figure I could be digging ditches. Might as well love it.

Feel fortunate to have a good paying job that allows me some financial security and the ability to own toyz such as a busa. Its just a double edge sword @ times because it takes up soo much of my time that I barely have time to enjoy the things I buy or time to ride the way I want to:banghead:

I had to drop out of school to take a job, when my g/f lost hers. I didn't like the job I got but it paid the bills By the time I was ready to leave it, I hated it. Had a new job lined up and it felt good to leave it when that day came. Love my new job. Good pay, good hours, professional people, time to ride now.:thumbsup:

Sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do to get by. I wasn't ashamed or afraid of my old job. It just wasn't a job I should have to be doing at that stage in my life.

Life is way to short to not like what you spend a third of your life doing. Been lucky to have been able to make my hobbies my vocation for most of my life. Hope it continues to be that way.

I've got 33 years in now. Things have change enough the last few years it is no longer fun. Eligibility for retirement is about 30 months away. 5-10 years ago, I was saying I was going to put in 40. Now I'm setting things into place for another career to step into for 10-15 years. More if I'm having fun.

I can't complain too much, as my current career has been good to me. I'm just tired of the environment that I'm working in. Most often day is trying to get people to do their jobs. If they would do it correctly, I wouldn't even have to get involved 90% of the time.

I dig mine and am very fortunate to have one. Pay is good, schedule is great & I like to help people. For me, it doesn't get any better than that.

Hate company very family orientated when I first started 9+ yrs ago. Now your treated like ur just a number. I'm in process of looking for new job.

It's a love/hate relationship for me. I've been involved in the craft since the age of 13 and have held many different posts within.As with anything you go through professional burn out and need to reinvent ones self often. Being the chef of my current stint is awesome. I have taken a badly damaged business and turned it into the best venue on Sanibel Island. Good help and dedication with great direction was all it took :whistle: That an an ownership who believed and was financially dedicated to the success!
Even with the best comes "issues", quality of professional staff with ethic and integrity is scarce in our area but as the rep grows, better appears. I can train to certain levels, but the willingness and desire need to come from within.
Seasonality, my biggest pet peeve, we go from feast to famine though it's getting better, again as the rep grows.
Everyday it's something new or different, I like change and thrive on it as whereas most do not. The wife and I have our livelihoods invested in this project so it's easy to put 100% in, we are all about all or nothing.

Back