Polished Rear Rim

2.wood strip wheel for additional paint removal and leveling porosity areaz .
hey pimpin,

How well did that wood stripper work for you casue i been sittin here rubbin this damn wheel for bout 2 hrs and only got about 80% of one side done.

hey pimpin,

How well did that wood stripper work for you casue i been sittin here rubbin this damn wheel for bout 2 hrs and only got about 80% of one side done. [/QUOTE]

Your doing by hand, poor fingerz LOL
rock.gif
The strip wheel I was refferring to attaches to a handdrill. I dont have access to my hard drive to post a photo of what it lQQkz like, so I'll have to do a search for it, so hold on Playa.

Herez a earlier posted photo of my polished muffler I did back in Aug with a photo of the strip wheel included.
post-6-17189-dsc01576.jpg

post-6-19595-dsc01574.jpg

You can buy the strip wheelz from Lowes or Walmartand besure to get aleast four for each side of the rim.

Hey saw one of those when i went to lowes to get the paint stripper. Guess i should have waited for a response before i left. Besides real men polish by hand. I dont need no stinkin strip wheel!

Hey rhythm... I like this very much .... Gonna do mine too..Thanks for the idea man.. [/QUOTE]

No prob Fast, just holla if you run into any problemz and that also goes for anyone else wanting to polish thier own parts.

Yaw know my favorite saying/////////////////// I got mo time than money.

I dont need no stinkin strip wheel![/QUOTE]

laugh.gif
Poor fingerz.

The paint stripper worked pretty good just didnt take anything off the midle section. So i put another coat on. Hope i dont have to go get that stink wheel i didnt need
blush.gif

The paint stripper worked pretty good just didnt take anything off the midle section.  So i put another coat on.  Hope i dont have to go get that stink wheel i didnt need  
[/QUOTE]

Your a Real Man , so you shouldnt have any problem with tackling it  
laugh.gif

On a serious note Playa, I think your gonna need it because the metal is so porse in this area  and you will need to  remove some of the metal to get to the remaining paint in these area which your fingers cant reach. Additonally for the spoke area connecting to the rim I used a dremel tool with a nylon wire brush .  This tool combo (dremel with circular nylon wheel)with gasket remover will help remove the paint in those tight corners and will not scratch the metal.

Just keep reapplying the gasket remover and hitting it with the dremel in the tight areaz until all the paint is removed. One more note, clean in between applications to remove the black residue so that you dont grind it back into the metal. Also there's going to be some ""barely"" noticable residue of black specs through out, but mostly in the tight area that are hard to reach.  The larger smooth surface area and shine will conceal it by drawing your attention away .

I had bought a dremel keit a while back and found one of those wheels its kinda small though but it will do until tomorrow. Also i resprayed the paint remover and still nothing but it did remove the paint alont the outside. I was thinking about leaving the middle black and not screwing with it, casue judging by the texture of it its gonna be hell to polish like the cast iron part of the frame

The strip wheel I suggested and use will level out all ruff areaz on the Busa including the forks ,muffler etc. with no problemz. I know it can be done , just look at my personal photos I posted. I'll take a a photo of my frame mid section after I get a fresh pair of batteries later on today and post it as well.

You can do it ! Dont start half steppn in the middle of the game Playa, I got your back Playa.

Nuttn 2 it ,but 2 do it.

I had bought a dremel keit a while back and found one of those wheels its kinda small though but it will do until tomorrow. Also i resprayed the paint remover[/QUOTE]

Gasket remover,strip wheel and the lil nylon wheel with dremel will work , just be patient.

Ok this has got to be some kind of titanium based paint
mad.gif
The little wheel is doing a little just wearing out fast. I'll have to get a bigger one tomorrow but it seems to be working

<!--EDIT|him
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101626691 -->

Only use the lil wheel after you have removed the paint with the "wood strip wheel and gasket remover""".  There should be only a min amount of paint residue left over in the pits and scratches in the metal (rim surface)produces by the wood strip wheel after sanding.  This is where the lil wheel comes into play not before ! Spray the target area again with the gasket remover and hit the area after a few mins with the lil wheel.

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101628329 -->

Your the man. After polishing my cans this summer, I don't know if I ever want to polish anything again. Mine still didn't turn out as good as your. I may do a winter touch up on them.

Your the man.  After polishing my cans this summer, I don't know if I ever want to polish anything again.  Mine still didn't turn out as good as your.  I may do a winter touch up on them.
[/QUOTE]

Nah man, I was the man last week, this week is your turn .
cool.gif

From my personal experience it gets easier little by little with the more practice you get unda your belt.
  Dont give up so easy, u can do it!

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1101662122 -->

ON the strip wheel is it supposed to be hard or soft like a steel wool?

Back